Monday, November 30, 2009

I love Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I love the food, the football, the family, really just about everything about the day is great. I also appreciate the opportunity I have to reflect on the things with which I have been blessed. Although I like to complain about my pay at times, I am extrememly grateful to not only have a job but a job I enjoy. I am grateful for my family - at least when we are not all stuffed inside a van for 9 hours. I have a beautiful wife who loves me, I have a roof over my head, and I live in a country that in spite of it's problems is a beacon of freedom and security in a storm tossed world. Most importantly, however, I have a knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ. How much more blessed can any one individual be?

I am sure Michelle will post some pictures of the trip so I will leave that to her. But I am sure that she won't mention how we ended up over 50 miles off course. She missed the exit to I-74 in Indianapolis (I was reading) and continued on I-70 until we hit the Illinois state line at which time she said, "Jason, I think we are on the wrong road." Sure enough, we were on our way to St. Louis. Luckily, she caught it soon enough that we were able to take some back roads until we hit I -57 into Champaign. The funny thing was that as we were on those back roads, we passed a church with a sign out front that said, "Lost? we can help." We laughed and Michelle continued to apologize (it really wasn't that big of a deal). Literally two minutes later, we crossed the Embarras (yes, it only has one S) river, causing Michelle to start laughing all over again. We finally made it home at about 5:30 pm. As fun as it was seeing everybody, it is nice to be home.

2 comments:

chelsey said...

It was great having you all here! And I'm glad you made it home safe and sound~ even if you ended up off course. At least she didn't get you stuck in the mud, right?!

Mike and Adrianne said...

It was such a great weekend! I'm soooo (is that enough o's?) glad we all got together.