Thursday, July 9, 2009

Our week in Iowa

I got a 30 minute phone call from Caleb last night. Philmont was a success. He had a great time but he said it was the hardest thing he has ever done in his life. I can't wait for him to come home and show us the pictures. I am so glad that he is safe.

Daniel has also been away on High Adventure this week. They went canoeing on the Upper Iowa River and went fishing. I will bet Dan is in 7th heaven. He comes home tonight and will be going straight into the shower.

On top of all of this, Michelle is in Chicago this weekend for a conference. It's just me and the crew. Unfortunately, Michelle made a couple of meals before she left (apparently she forgot that I am a pretty darn good chef). This means that I don't have an excuse to order pizza. Darn it!

Since Michelle is gone, I get (?) to sub her classes at the gym. This means that I taught Zumba this morning. It was a great class if only for the comic relief of watching a 38 year old man trying to shake it. It must have worked though, I almost got a marriage proposal on the spot (just kidding, Michelle).

5 comments:

Lokodi said...

Hey, I went to zumba today too! Of course, I had a woman instructor but I would have loved to see you teach that class. There was one man in the room and that's usually more than we ever see there. Good job though. I would have paid good money to see you shack your butt. :)

Lindsey

Tana said...

It sounds like you are all super busy! That is great! And I would have loved to be in that class as well..I got some hint of it on the visit but participating and seeing you lead it all would be great!- tana

SuzyQ01 said...

I would have loved to be in THAT class!

Michelle said...

Pampered Chef is awesome by the way. The Conference here in Chicago is better than any I've ever attended. Loving my time here. Went in the Sears Tower yesterday to the top. Super cool up there. On the other hand, Jason I'm sure you did awesome, AWESOME at Zumba. I knew they'd love you. I'm so happy it worked out that you could sub for me since they said they'd cancel the class since there's no one else to sub.

Mike said...

It has to be nice to have a break Michelle. I'm glad you are having fun. I'm sure you are having a great time with all the kids Jason! ;)