Thursday, July 16, 2009

The case of the missing feather pillow.

It all started Saturday night at the Wyndham O'hare airport hotel. Two girls from Utah that Susan and I roomed with at our Pampered Chef conference called and said that their flight had been bumped and they were staying an extra night in Chicago and they were at the Wyndham hotel and would we want to join them?

So Susan and I thought it would be fun to stay yet another night in Chicago and this time for FREE!

When we arrived to their hotel I brought just an outfit inside along with my favorite pillow. This pillow is my small feather pillow that I've had at least as long as 25 years, maybe more. I always have to have it to sleep. It even has a name, "Squish"

On Sunday morning, bright and early we left for home. I left my pillow there at the hotel. I didn't realize this until it was much too late to return. I realized it when I was unpacking later in the day.

I called the hotel and they said they'd be happy to mail it to me by Fed Ex ground if I paid for it. So I proceeded to give them my financial information and got off the phone.

This morning a large box arrived. It was from Fed Ex. Inside was a pillow that was NOT mine.

Bummer. So I called the hotel again. This time I talked to Bob, who said he does have a pillow that matches the description and he will mail it to me, this time on his dime.


Hopefully in a few days I will finally have MY beloved pillow and be able to sleep again!!

3 comments:

Jess and Jen said...

I left my favorite pillow at a hotel once when I was younger. I was lucky enough to get it back when we drove back though on our way home...it was a traumatic few days though without it :)

Hopefully you get the RIGHT pillow back soon!

chelsey said...

Ask Brent about my pillow fettish. I can't stand pillows that aren't "just right". I replace my pillows about every 3 months. I think I found one I like finally. It's a Joseph Aboud pillow from TJMaxx. It also has to be squished just right, but hey, no headaches in the morning, and a solid nights sleep is worth gold!
Hope you get the right pillow this time!!

The Duke said...

Isn't it funny how we, as adults, still have our "thing" - and it's ok. Jason could not live without his blanket when he was little. It was torn to rags before we finally made him throw it away - Lance still has his blanket (or a portion), I think. He doesn't use it - just had it for memories.
I'm surprised that the hotel still had your pillow (if they actually do). I would have thought they would have tossed it. Lucky you!
Hope are you able to sleep anyway.