Thursday, June 4, 2009

Riding in Style

There are some things I just let go and some things I think about and say nothing, but seriously, get this:

My son Brenden who is in 6th grade has a friend named Jared also in 6th grade.

Today being the last day of school Jared's Mom is throwing a 6th grade party for her son and he was able to invite a few boys.

Last night this Mom calls and says that Brenden will be picked up in a Limousine after school to get to the party.

Seriously.

So at 2:25p.m. right on schedule, here pulls up the limousine to get Brenden. A very large extended hummer limousine. Holy crap, how much did that cost and for a bunch of 10 and 11 year old boys. I don't see why this had to be such a big deal.

It's only a 6th grade graduation party.

What will the High School graduation party be like?

5 comments:

chelsey said...

No kidding! I wouldn't want to foot the bill for the high school party! I just had my first limo ride about a month ago. It was also a hummer and cost about $350 an hr for 14 people. We all chipped in and split the cost for 4 ladies having a bday. Crazy for 6th graders!!

The Duke said...

This is insane!! Aren't kids supposed to graduate from 6th grade? Parents are treating this like it's some big deal - hey, we're supposed to move on and graduate. I understand the recognition program at school for kids that have excelled and a sort-of-goodbye if they are moving into junior high, but this is beyond stupid! Holy cow!

Jason said...

Nothing like celebrating mediocrity. I thought my 8th grade "graduation" was stupid. Of my three real graduations, the only one I attended was my high school graduation.

Michelle said...

Even though this was a bit overdone in my opinion, Brenden had a fabulous time and said that there were so many fun things to do. I'm glad for him!

Mike and Adrianne said...

It is taking me awhile to comment but wow!! First, that is a ton of money for a party like that. It seems really silly to me. Second, what a cool party for Brenden to get to go to. I guess as long as he doesn't expect it from you it will be great right?!