Sunday, June 14, 2009

One of those weeks

This past week was the start of summer vacation and all the crazy schedules that go with that. There were a lot of appointments this last week and I thought I made it to all of them, then realized I missed Brenden's dental appointment, so I get to reschedule that for this week.

Caleb goes to Philmont in just 2 weeks in New Mexico and he is super excited about that. He saved up $900 to go to that. I am so proud of him for his dedication in saving so he could attend such an awesome event. We bought him boots last week so he could start breaking them in for Philmont. He wears them everywhere. He has size 15 feet so boots were hard to come by. The price to put that boy in shoes is extrodinary. If he gets one size bigger we will have to special order everything for his feet. Caleb is still working at HyVee and does well there.

Daniel is looking for a job since he is now 14. He would rather fish all summer, but that's not going to happen, he needs to start saving money for his mission.

Jared will turn 13 tomorrow and we will officially have 3 teenagers in the house. Can't believe that, it makes me feel so old.

Brenden is finally ungrounded and started fishing with his brothers this week. He is loving it and tells me everyday of how many fish he catches.

Since the children are home and I still teach aerobics during the day I get to bring them with me to my classes. Alyssa and Scott love this because they love the daycare at North Dodge Athletic Club. That daycare was well thought out and has two giant rooms with a seperate attached bathroom. If you are looking for a gym with a great daycare, seriously consider North Dodge, you will be happy.

I taught 9 classes this week and for once I don't feel tired. However my abs really hurt today so I must have worked my class extra hard in Body Sculpt yesterday. I think I'm getting used to teaching 2 classes a day and I love it. Athough the down side of this is I am pretty sure I have an ankle injury. I had an x-ray last week that showed nothing wrong, but the swelling in my ankle continues, so the doctor suggested an MRI. That was done on Friday and I find out tomorrow what is really going on in there. I feel great when teaching, but when laying down with the foot up it throbs. Makes no sense at all.

The Sports Medicine doctor mentioned that she thinks I have some cartilage missing or torn which would cause these problems, she called it something and I forgot what she said. She said if my condition in the ankle is what she thinks it is then I will have to have surgery which would take me out of teaching for 6-8 weeks. However in the next breath she mentioned that some people with the injury she thinks I have go on forever and do nothing about it. So it depends on my pain threshold.

Jason did a 25 mile bike ride yesterday to train for his triatholon coming up in September.

Yesterday I redeemed my Mother's day gift which was a day at the spa. The local beauty college had an awesome "Day of Beauty" thing which was only $40 and included a pedicure, manicure, facial, hair cut and style. The man named Beto who did all the services at the beauty college needed an updo as one of his requirements to graduate so I walked out of there yesterday with this gorgeous updo. So cool. I took pictures that I'll post another time.

This week has lots of fun things planned from library trips to swimming. Yay for summer!!!!

4 comments:

Papa Doc said...

Caleb's feet are size 15?!! Holy cow - you must feed him that great Iowa corn-fed beef! Sounds like you have some good plans going for the summer.
I hope all turns out well for the ankle and that you won't need surgery.

Jess and Jen said...

Caleb will love Philmont. I went there when we lived in Indiana. Back in those days (the teenagers can roll their eyes now), we took an Amtrack train all the way from Chicago to Denver, then a bus south to Raton. That was in 1993 when the Mississippi flooded. We had to stop the train a number of times as crews worked on washouts.

Philmont will be a great experience for him. -Jess

Jason said...

I didn't know you had gone to Philmont, Jess. I thought I was the only one in the family who had. It truly was a great experience. I will never forget it.

Mike and Adrianne said...

It sounds like such a busy and good beginning to the summer. I hope your ankle is ok.