Friday, June 19, 2009

The #1 most talked about subject in the world

I knew it was too good to last but I was hoping for a little more anyway. I am talking about spring. Somebody went and flipped the humidity switch on Wednesday. We lasted two days until I caved and turned the air conditioner on. Although I don't usually pay attention to the actual percent humidity, I do have my own simple hygrometer. There is an asphalt bike path that I take through the park on my way to work. When it rains in the early morning, leaving the pathway wet, the time it takes the pathway to dry out is directly proportional to the humidity. For example, it rained before dawn yesterday and the path was still wet when I rode home yesterday at 4:45 in spite of the fact that it hadn't rained all day. Obviously I am not taking wind or sunlight into account here but still, it was humid yesterday. More of the same for the next 3 and a half months.

3 comments:

The Duke said...

It was wet on the roads today, too and I'm not sure why. Half the pea gravel along the sides of the roads in Elk Ridge was also in the middle of the roads since rain has washed so much of it away. But I don't think it rained last night for the first time in three weeks -
thankfully our humidity isn't oppressive like yours is.

chelsey said...

We feel your pain out here too! It's 93 today and feels like 100. Not a chance I'll have straight hair today. You know it's gonna be bad when you look out first thing in the morning and it's all fogged overand the ground has steam rising from it. Makes you want to crawl back into bed.

Jason said...

I probably shouldn't complain. Lindsey will have it much worse than all of us. You probably get it a bit worse than we do too, Chels. Stay cool.

Caleb got out of the van the other day and said he felt like he was drowning. An appropriate description.