Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Thankful for so many things

My sister in law Lindsey actually inspired me to this post today. In her blog she stated several things she is grateful for and it got me thinking. I have so much and need to give thanks for all those things more often and not take for granted anything. So here it goes my list of Thanks . . .


1. My husband, Jason is so awesome and does so many nice things for me. I can be so grouchy and downright mean when I wake up. I am a night owl and he is the morning person. Somehow he puts up with me.

2. My children. How did I ever get so blessed to have 6? 6 pregnancies and 6 children. Those odds don't happen very often. I have a dear friend who just lost her baby at 17 weeks and my heart just hurts for her. There was a time back when I was pregnant for the 5th time in 7 years that I complained and was really sad. I couldn't understand why I was yet again pregnant. I wanted a 3 year space between children and only 4 children. Now that they are all here and are close in age and I grateful to have have them and wouldn't give any of them back.

3. My Church. Every day is a witness to me that the Gospel is true and Jesus lives. Today I had the wonderful experience of visiting teaching. I went over to the girl's home and realized that it wasn't talking or a message that she needed, she needed help around the house, so Emily(my companion) and I cleaned for a while. This brought the witness that God loves us all and helps us when we are in need. This girl thanked us over and over for our help and she felt like the Lord answered her prayers. She said she was going to ask for help because she has been so overwhelmed, but didn't want to ask.

4. My jobs. I am so glad to have several jobs that I just love to do.

Being a Mom--that's like 20 jobs all by itself

I absolutely love watching Bella. I have her here 3 days a week. I guess I'd be considered her Nanny since I won't take any other children except for her. She is 8 months old now and starting to scoot around the room. She is a doll and is so happy all the time.

Pampered Chef. 11 years this month I have been doing that job and it's still fun. I absolutely have a great time cooking for others and creating wonderful recipes. This last Saturday I was doing a show in a gorgeous home by a lake. I loved just seeing her beautiful home and meeting her fun friends. I made a pineapple upside down cake that was so incredible. In preparing for this party I found out you can plant the top of a fresh pineapple in dirt and in 2 years have your very own new pineapple. How fun. I'm going to do just that!

My aerobics jobs. Teaching others to become fit is awesome and seeing them find joy in changing their bodies for the better. If only everyone could know how awesome it is to feel better they would work out every day. I currently teach Body Step, Body Pump, Body Sculpt and Zumba. All super fun classes that are keeping me in great shape.

HyVee, now they don't see much of me these days. Usually only once a week do I get to go there. I have fun seeing everyone I know while cashiering or demoing food. There are times I get to go catering. Such fun!

Lastly and I do consider this a job, donating Plasma. I've been doing that for over 7 years twice a week whenever my hematocrit and protein numbers are high enough. I love knowing that I'm helping others. I consider this a job because I'm there for about 3 hours a week and it takes me away from home.

Funny how even with all these jobs I still only work about 30-35 hours a week.

5. My health. For some this is a struggle and I'm glad that when I run I feel great and not pass out.

6. Running vehicles. I know as soon as I post this something will happen, but for now I'm happy that they both work.

7. My running dishwasher. I was just thinking on Saturday when I had to run it 3 times with FULL loads that I'm super glad to have that.

8. A piano that is tuned. A couple months ago I finally got it tuned again after 8 years of out of tune. It sounds so nice and love to sing with the children.

9. Being able to balance the checkbook. This is a talent I feel I truly posses. I'm glad I'm able to balance it to the penny and know where everything goes. Math is a strong point for me. Science, well don't ask.

10. Today the sun is out and it is absolutely gorgeous out. The rain is gone for today.


I'll end that there for now.

3 comments:

Jess and Jen said...

I don't think our piano has been tuned since 1978 and it's telling me so. -Jess

The Duke said...

Nice comments - It's good to take stock once in a while and realize how really blessed we are. I should do that every day! Thanks for sharing. I apprecaited it very much.
Mom C.

Papa Doc said...

Dear Michelle,

I am slow to read your post, but I am sure glad I did. It was one of the most wonderful things you have ever written. I love the story about the VT. I love your comments about your kids. They are truely wonderful. Just like mine.

I do not want to embellish, so I'll just say thank you again.

Dad Clark