Sunday, April 5, 2009

Painted Front Room

Back in November of 2008 the day before Thanksgiving, my parents were arriving at our house so they could celebrate the holiday with us. In an effort to make my living room look better I ran to the basement to get the paint that matched the front room so I could touch up a bunch of scratches that looked horrible.

On the paint can it had paint on it showing the color and that matched the walls, and it stated on the can that the paint was for the front room. I began to paint and touch up all the bad spots in the room. When the paint was wet it looked just fine, then it dried and it never changed color, in fact it was much darker than the paint on the wall. All we could figure out was the paint in the front room must have faded from the sun that comes in that window, so the new paint would be darker. I lived with this for almost 5 months. See picture of Daniel on the couch with the streaks behind him.

On the left is the before picture of the room. On the right is the new color. It took me 3 days to get it all completed, but I'm much happier and there's no streaks!





2 comments:

Jess and Jen said...

We totally just painted last week, too. We re-did our bedroom. Jen was getting tired of the green, so we are now sleeping in a light blue room.

I HATE painting, but I love the result, as I'm sure you will now.

Ammon said...

I love the color. It looks really nice! It's such a great feeling to have a newly painted room.