Friday, October 31, 2008

Good things happening

With all the stuff that has happened lately to us financially, I have to be so very grateful for all the blessings as well. I'm still heartbroken over being fired from Core, but I'm recovering and I know that the people who knew us, know that we didn't get fired from anything we did wrong.

Core fitness was just forcing out any instructors they think are checking out the new club and making up false reasons to make it look legal. I find it funny that Jason and I never got wrote up in 4 1/2 years and yet they still find reasons to fire both my husband and I. It's really too bad for them that now several members of their club are quitting Core just to join us at the new clubs we are teaching at.

Here are a few awesome blessings this week!

1. We arrived home from Utah in one piece. Our van made it!!! It was a hard drive 20 hours across the country, but the weather was gorgeous on the way home with little or no wind whatsoever. Even in Wyoming, my most unfavorite state of all the states. And the children I swear hate each other now since they were sitting so very close to one another so the idea of even being the same room must be horrible for them. However last night I saw Alyssa (my 9 year old) hug Scott (my 6 year old) so all the fighting must be forgotten now.

2. I have been hired at 2 clubs officially to teach aerobics. Even though I'm not up to a full teaching schedule yet, I will be soon. I am so excited about both, for they will bring so much opportunity and growth to my teaching abilities. The first club is North Dodge Athletic Club in Iowa City. I will teach Body Step, Body Pump and Zumba there.
then Ladies Workout Express, I will teach Zumba there.

3. Today is Halloween and even though my husband doesn't find this day fun, I love it. I love going to the children's parties at school and watching them in their parade of costumes and then serving all the treats I made. I love being a room parent. I love to dress up as well. My costume will be displayed later in another post.

4. Fuel prices are down down down!!!!! Today I paid only $1.92 a gallon. You ask how????
Well the prices are down to $2.19 a gallon in Iowa. Yes they are, what a wonderful state to live in. And because HyVee fuel runs specials and today is one of those days, it is 12 cents off per gallon today with a Hy-Vee receipt. And I had a 15 cents off per gallon coupon. I feel so very lucky to have filled my entire car with fuel for $23.17 Yes it's awesome!!

5. The weather is gorgeous today. So wonderful for Halloween when the children will be out in their thin costumes to have nice high 60's weather to gather candy in.

6. Tomorrow both Jason and I will participate in the launches for Body Step and Body Pump at North Dodge Athletic club. Along with other instructors we will show off the new releases of the programs. Participating in launches is one of my favorite things to do. So fun. Our fitness coordinator asked us to dress up as either a Saint or Sinner. I'll post some pictures of the launch and you can decide what we were.

6 comments:

Jess and Jen said...

$1.92! Wow! I'm just so excited about pay $2.50 here, but less than $2 would be fantastic!

I'm glad things are going so well for you guys.

Jen

Papa Doc said...

I can't believe you got gas for so little! In the Spanish Fork/Payson area we're still paying $2.70. It drops a little at a time. What a buy you got!
I'm really glad you got home safely. It was wonderful to have your family come visit. I loved watching the kids. They are fantastic kids and you are doing a great job raising them.
I came to work as a BYU football fan because I got a free had and shirt last night. It was really an excuse to wear jeans to work. :)
Have fun tonight.
Mom C.

Jason said...

You're dressing up, Michelle? I have a few good ideas!!!!

Heidi said...

I'm so glad things are looking up for you guys. Hope you had a fun Halloween. It was so great to have such nice weather for trick-or-treating!

Anonymous said...

That is a bunch of crap that Core fired you and Jason. You were both my most favorite instructors. You helped me get fitter and to love myself again. Why would a company get rid of such awesome people, now we are all going to go wherever you go.

Carmell said...

I'm glad some good things are happening around there! Hope they keep going that way!