Saturday, October 11, 2008

Hawkeye Game

It was a beautiful September day and we decided to go to one of the Hawkeye Football games. We thought we were getting a deal at $25 a ticket and technically you are at that price, however multiply that by 8 and it's not so great anymore. We haven't eaten out in over 2 months because of that game.

Because parking is so expensive near the stadium (as you will see in a picture down below),and we live farely close (2.46 miles each way) we walked, and walked and walked to the game.



















However Scott was grumpy about the walk the entire time and so Jason carried him most of the way.






















He was still grumpy when we took our seats at the stadium.















And it began. What a great football game it ended up being. We played Florida International and we won 42 to 0.


















It's hard to get a picture of Caleb these days so you have to just sneak up on him and just take one when he least expects it.














Daniel and Brenden















Jared and Mom














Daniel, Brenden, the side of Caleb's head, Jason and Alyssa









Alyssa and Scott










Fun Halftime show by the Uof I marching band. However I have to say I was super dissapointed in them for using Music Stands while they marched. My HIGH SCHOOL band never used music stands, not once. We weren't allowed to even buy them. We memorized our music.

























Jason and Brenden











Scott taking a picture of himself.
















Jared, Alyssa and Me again. Alyssa still doesn't look happy. I think she was miserable the entire game, just didn't want to be there.














Daniel ducking down so Caleb could get photographed
















Jason and I taking a picture of ourselves. We look so cute!!!!!














What a fun day!!
then we walked 2.46 miles back home (not so fun)

3 comments:

Team Clark said...

Wow - looks like so much fun! I wish I could have come, too!

Papa Doc said...

I love to go to football games but have only been once to a BYU game since we moved back here in 1995. The cost is prohibitive for us. It's so insane and now that we can't take in our own food, we just don't go. I used to go all the time when I was in high school and in college. It was affordable then. I'm glad you took the kids because it's a great family activity.
I got a kick out of the grumpy look on Scott's face walking to the game. :)
I can't wait to see all of you! I am seriously praying for good weather because Wyoming had freaky weather this past weekend and I don't want you to run into that. Everybody pray for great weather!!
Mom C.

chelsey said...

Everyone looks so great! I wish we could take our kids to football games! I really like college football. And I bet the boys really appreciate getting to do something like that. Can't wait to see you all next week!