Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving with just our family

I wanted to have turkey for my lunch at work and I was missing all the leftovers we usually have kicking around after Thanksgiving. Since we had Thanksgiving away from home this year, there weren't leftovers to take.
 I decided to make all of it, minus the rolls. Jason whipped up the rolls from scratch. He also prepared the turkey in a brine overnight. It only took about 4 hours of cooking but it was so worth it.
 Here is the list of foods we had:

Turkey
Stuffing
Mashed potatoes
Butternut squash
Rolls
Deviled eggs
Banana bread
Pretzal/raspberry salad
Corn
Pumpkin pie
Pecan pie
Jason carving the turkey. 

About to eat.

Jason made these rolls from scratch and they were amazing! 

Alyssa and I made these pies from scratch.   Even the crust!

The super moist turkey.

My plate.

Jared and Brenden

The turkey all carved up.  Can you see how
moist it is?

Jared, Scott, Brenden,  Jason and Alyssa. 

No comments: