Friday, December 6, 2013

Questions and Answers from Caleb

Here are some questions I wrote to Caleb and his responses. I haven't shared his letters lately because so many of these are too personal to share and he has asked me not to share some stuff on the blog, but I can share these:
 Do you still ride your bike a lot?
Not as much as I'd like. 

If not, why?
Because I am a zone leader and I have a car. 

Also, if not, when will you again?
When I am on exchanges and when I am released as a Zone Leader. 

Are there people that do mean things to the missionaries?  If so, what kinds of things?  What do you do back?
There will always be people who do mean things to missionaries. We had a missionary and his companion get mugged and robbed last week. We don't do anything back, that wouldn't be Christ-like. 

What kinds of nice things to people do for the missionaries?
Honk at us (in a friendly way) when they see us on the street, reminding us that people are out there who care. Occasionally they buy us meals, which is super nice of them. I had a member buy me a new bike chain for my bike a few months ago, which nearly brought me to tears. 

  What kinds of foods were new to you?
 Um, probably Turkey Tacos. Not a fan... 

Have you felt anymore earthquakes lately?
No :( We live in a tall apartment complex (we live on the 6th (top) story of the complex) though, and there is a train track that goes right by. The trains are very quiet (no horns) but they are so big that we feel the vibration up in our apartment! It feels like an earthquake :) 

Where are you going to go to school when you return home?
Freak Mom, I don't know! I'm a missionary! I don't want to think about that yet. 

Have you met your future wife yet?
Again, I'm a missionary. I really don't want to think about that. Like ever. That's really scary. 

What is your favorite kind of chocolate?
Dove. 

What is your favorite type of mint (brand and type)?
Breathsavers/spearmint 

Do you have one companion or two right now?
One comp, Elder Henriod.  We are the Zone Leaders over the Anaheim East zone.

What is your curfew?
9:00 or 9:30 if we are in a lesson. 

Do you work out every day?  If so, what kinds of workouts are you doing?
I try. I have been alternating, cardio and upper body. I'm a T-rex, so my lower body is doing juuuuuuust fine.


Will you run a race with me when you get home?
TBD


Have any of your friends from back home asked you questions about your religion?
Always. I constantly bear my testimony to friends. I try to keep it simple. Teaching about a prophet on the earth today and being healed from sin, and that God is our father. As a member of the church you are just called to find 'the elect' of Israel. As an ordained minister of the church, I am called to teach the elect.

How many lessons are you teaching a week?
In this area, about 3. We are constantly improving though. Before I got here, it was none.

Do you have a cool story to share from this last week?
I do, but it is a little sacred to share over email. I will have to share it when I get home, or during skyping with you over Christmas.


Are you feeling good?  Any more stomach problems?
I am always feeling good. Naw dawg.

Do you have enough stamps?
Plenty, thank you!

Do you have enough haircuts left and if so, how many?
Actually, that's part of what I need to send home. There are no longer any great clips inside our mission boundaries, so I have 4 or 5 to send home so that someone can at least use them. 

2 comments:

chelsey said...

Sounds like he's doing well! Glad to hear!

The Duke said...

I've actually e-mailed him a couple of times and he has answered back. He sounds like he's happy and very busy!