Sunday, September 8, 2013

Young Women's Activity

My new calling as of this past Spring in Church is a Young Women's leader. This involves going to church every Wednesday and helping with their activities for Youth Group.  Teaching a lesson twice a month on Sundays during church and then if possible attending their youth dances, youth temple trips and other activities if time allows.  I would say the most time consuming of all the things I do with the Youth are the lessons.  I spend a few hours per lesson preparing it.

Here is an activity from this summer that I have been wanting to post about for a couple months, but lack of personal time to do so has really prevented me from blogging much.  This activity was a Birthday Activity.  Once a year we celebrate everyone's birthday at once. This time we all decorated cakes for another person.
First we had to fill out a paper about ourselves.  You filled out your name, what you liked to do, your hobbies, favorite color, etc.  Then all the papers were put in a bowl and you drew out someone to decorate a cake for, but couldn't reveal who you had.  The pictures will tell the rest of the story.

How I failed to get a picture of Alyssa or her cake, I'm really not sure.  But she didn't want photographed and somehow skipped out on camera shots.
Laura getting frosting to decorate her cake.

Annie and Anna starting to decorate cakes.


Next will be all the cakes we all came up with .  I chose someone who
liked fishing as one of their hobbies, so thinking that might be an
easy cake to decorate, I proceeded.  So here it is, my fish cake for
Tiffany Olson.

All of these cakes had such character and showed imagination.





Tawyna chose me and she made a running cake.  So cute.



Here is Brieann.  She is another one of the leaders.

the girls are being silly when they decided to present their cake to the person
they made it for.





Scott happened to be at the church for his
Boy Scouts and peeked in to see what we were
all doing.  He ended up eating cake in the end.


Analisa had to work that night at Fareway and we didn't
want to leave her out, so we made her a birthday cake and
brought it to her work.  We even sang to her at work.  Her
co-workers were like, "I didn't know it was your birthday."
Too funny.  

Shelby was at home because her family
was moving to Utah in a couple days so she was helping
her Mom pack.  We surprised her with a cake as well.

And we sang to her.

This was Shelby's cake.

No comments: