Sunday, September 22, 2013

Some quotes I love

I just had a great mini trip with Jason. We left at 4 a.m. to go to Dayton, Ohio on Friday so we could run the Air Force Half marathon on Saturday. Before the race began we had been talking about our last half which was two weeks ago, and I told him I knew I could have run faster because I feel so much stronger with running this year, but I took it easy most of the race since I hadn't run a half marathon in almost a year and wasn't sure how my body would react.

 He told me he'd stay right with me and help me achieve a new personal record if that is what I wanted. Up until this point my half marathon personal best time was 2:26:30 and I was super happy with that, but knew with a lot of training that I could beat that someday.  This past year I have been biking and swimming a lot.   Jason stayed with me the entire time and pushed me when I needed a push and we both crossed the finish line at 2:16:30. He didn't run ahead of me at the end, he stayed right with me as a good friend should if they are running the entire race with you.   He was with me the entire time giving me encouraging thoughts, and saying "Let's Go!" a lot.   My only regret with this is that I didn't push a little more so he could achieve his personal best and get a 2:09 or better.  I know he wanted a personal best time, but stayed by my side to help me this time.  I did give it all I had and know this time I gave it my best and nothing but my best.  I knew that because by mile 12.5 I was just about spent and by the finish I was spent.  All my energy was used for this race.

After this experience I know I have more in me to go even faster next time.  There were only a couple times that I walked that I could have pushed a little more, so I'm going to continue training strong and do speed work so Jason can achieve his personal best time and I'll be right there with him.  My next goal is a 2:06.  If I can beat my PB by 10 minutes this time, I know I can do it again.  It will be so awesome to see Jason achieve his goal in our next half together!

  I am so grateful to him that he helped me complete this race faster than my personal best time.  I am so glad that not only are we married, but that we are best friends. He is awesome. Thank you Jason, I love you.  Here are some quotes I came across that I was thinking about over the weekend.


The morning of the race I just thought all kinds of positive things.  I knew I could run fast, just had to believe it.
Jason and I lined up with the 2:10 pacer group and stayed with them almost the entire race!



So true!

1 comment:

Jason said...

What a fun trip. I enjoyed running with you - for the most part (the ungrumpy Michelle parts). I'm glad you did so well. I was impressed.