Friday, July 5, 2013

Vacation with the Lokodi's

Months ago Lindsey told me she wanted to do her very first 5K.  I began a search of races in her area, so our family could not only visit her family, but run the 5K with her.

I found the Glow Run in Kansas City, which was only 25 minutes from her home.  So the plan was made to go to the Lokodi home the last weekend of June.  We had so much fun and I didn't include all the pictures because there are so many.  I just wanted to say that I am so glad we took the time to go and I loved every minute we spent there.  Can't wait to go back for another visit.  I don't have pictures of the Glow Run 5K here on this blog, if you want to read about our race please visit this link:  Glow Run 5K post.
Jason and Scott playing one of many games of pool.

I found a toad in the pool on Friday morning, so I called
all the children out to see it.  Here is Alyssa, with her cousins Gabe
and Ava.

Showing Cecily the toad.

We even saw the Google maps car!

Later in the morning we went to Worlds of Fun and Oceans of fun.

Alyssa and Scott on a ride.

Jason and I on a ride.

Lindsey and Alyssa on a coaster.

Alyssa in the pool.

Scott in the pool, not wanting his picture taken.

Jason sitting in the grass roasting hot dogs.

Jason, Sage and Lindsey.


Me, Sage (Jason's cousin) and Jason.  This picture was taken after
our 5K run.
The Lokodi family before church Sunday morning.

1 comment:

Lokodi said...

We had such a blast with you all. I'm so glad you guys made the trip down. It meant a ton to me. Seriously, it was so fun and I want to do it all over again soon. :) We'll try making a trip up there soon so you'll have to show us all the fun things Iowa has to offer, besides your fun presence. :)

Love you all!
Lindsey