Friday, July 5, 2013

4th of July in 2013

This year was MUCH different from years past. Usually we have all the children home, however this year Caleb is on his mission in California, Daniel is working a bunch and hanging out with friends all the time, Jared is in Utah with his Clark Grandparents and Brenden is in Ohio with his Lewis Grandparents. We just have Alyssa and Scott.  Jason and I started the day early with a long bike ride, see post here:  POST.

Then we came home and got the children up and told them we were going to the parade.  After the parade we went to Theisens to get dog food for Abby and some free popcorn of course.  We were invited to my friend's home to celebrate the day, however the children decided they wanted a different day so we didn't go.  So basically we layed around most of the day until around 4 when I thought I should start making some yummy food so we could have a nice dinner.  Instead of a grill out, Scott wanted pizza and Redbox movies.  So I got pizza and redbox movies.

After dinner we waited until it was almost dark and headed to Coralville to enjoy the fireworks, which ended up being weird because someone accidentally let off the finale first.  Whoops.

Here are pictures to enjoy:
Jason and I taking a picture of ourselves in the bright sun on the curb.

Alyssa, Jason and Scott.  It was bright out.  Not sure what
Alyssa was doing.

Horses in the parade, with massively big feet.

The Coralville mini city bus.  Too cute.

Hawkeye tailgate bus that you could rent.

More horses.  Cool.

Awesome car

The Oscar Meyer mobile



My friend Ashley was in the parade for her job, West Bank.

At Theisens eating free popcorn.


Gross stuff on the shelf at Theisens.

More gross stuff, who eats this crap?

I made vanilla cream brownie squares for dessert.

Pizza, grapes, potato salad, deviled eggs.

pickels, chips, red bell pepper strips, fried zucchini, and even some hummus.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

I was messing with that plastic thing that you attach chip time things to your shoe and it was still on my shoe so I took it off and played with it.

Lokodi said...

That's funny that the finale was set off first. I bet that was a bit of a let down after that. :) Sometimes isn't it nice to just chill and have a relaxing holiday? It sounds like you had a great one. Miss you guys already. Wish we lived closer.

Lindsey