Thursday, July 25, 2013

Alyssa is 14 already

Wow, how time flies. I remember feeling like I'd never have a girl. When I got pregnant for the 5th time I had just planned on a 5th boy. Then after having to have multiple ultrasounds because of a complication I was having, I finally asked the ultrasound techs to put the sex of the baby on an envelope in a file at the hospital and if I had to know then I'd call up and ask. I was set on being surprised at delivery.

 About 5 months into the pregnancy one morning I couldn't take it anymore and I had to know the results of if I was having a boy or a girl. I was actually okay with having another boy. Then the surprise words came from the ultrasound tech. "After reviewing your ultrasound and talking with a co-worker, we are 99.99 % sure your baby is a girl. I couldn't believe my ears and cried with joy. What a cool surprise. I found an old picture of her from when she was 5 on the 4th of July.  She is wearing her shoes on the wrong feet, too cute.  Then some recent pictures of Alyssa.
The Clark Children July 4, 2005


Picture taken this summer.

Alyssa and Scott.

Alyssa riding a roller coaster.


3 comments:

Jan said...

Happy birthday!

The Duke said...

Happy birthday to a cute, sweet young lady! Hope you have a wonderful day, Alyssa!
Love you.
Grandma Clark

Jason said...

Alyssa is the daughter every parent hopes for. She is one of the kindest, sweetest, young women I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. I am truly blessed to have her as my daughter.