Monday, August 6, 2012

Adventureland as Alyssa's big present

Alyssa wanted to do something really fun for her birthday. I suggested Mall of America, Six Flags and whatever she wanted. She picked Adventureland and for those of you who don't know what that is, it's basically like a Six Flags, but with 1/4th of the roller coasters and a lot smaller park. We had a ton of fun that day and took lots of pictures and here they are:
Just entering the park.  Alyssa, Jason, Me and Scott.

Alyssa and I sitting on the skylift.

Jason and Scott on the sky lift in front of us.

On a water raft ride.  None of us got wet except for our feet.
Pretty lame ride.

Alyssa on the raft.

We managed to talk Scott into this coaster.  He rode it, but
then didn't ride another coaster all day. I think we scared him.

Jason and Scott sat out while Alyssa and I rode again.  This is
actually our coaster coming down the hill.

Look closely and you will see Alyssa and I
on the coaster.

Scott just won a game and got his favorite
Angry Bird for his prize.

We explored the water park for most of the
day because it was really hot.  Here is
Scott eating an ice cream sandwich.

Jason and Scott.

A very tall water slide that Alyssa rode over and over
and over and over.

Here she is coming down the slide. 

A close up of Alyssa coming down the slide.

Alyssa pretending she isn't tall enough to ride the Dragon.
This was an upsidedown coaster and we rode it at least
twice.

Alyssa and Mom taking a picture of themselves.

On the way home of a very long day, Scott picked
Pizza Ranch to eat at for dinner.  We had
lots of great food!

4 comments:

Lokodi said...

Man, that looks fun. I love roller coasters. I can't believe Alyssa was brave enough to go on that green slide. Awesome! Wish I could have come with you guys. Where was the rest of your family?

Lindsey

Jason said...

Caleb was at work (he had ample time to request it off but didn't) and the other boys were in Wyoming on a High Adventure trip with scouts.

The Duke said...

Oh my gosh - that slide would have scared me to death but then so would the roller coasters. I'm chicken.
It looks like you all had a wonderful time.

gillian said...

that looks so fun, I love six flags! This place would have been fun!!