Monday, July 30, 2012

She is thirteen already.

Time goes so fast and I'm just blown away that I now have 5 teenagers in the house at the same time. I feel so blessed to have all of them healthy and happy currently.

 Thirteen years ago at three weeks early I felt some pressure and called my doctor. This entire pregnancy was different because my doctor thought I had an incompetent cervix, so he decided to do a surgery called a Cervical Cerclage. at around 4 1/2 months along.   Because of this surgery I had to have ultrasounds every 4 weeks and whenever I felt pains of any type I had to go get monitored immediately.  I think he was sick of me calling him every few days near the end of the pregnancy, so he told me to just come in and he'd check me. He broke my water and within 5 hours I had my girl.
Here is Alyssa anxiously awaiting her presents.

For her "cake" she chose brownies with whipped topping and
crushed oreos on top.  It is a tradition in our home that you
get to pick your "type of cake".



She was thrilled with all of her gifts.  Her best gift
came the next day when she went to Adventureland
and got to ride roller coasters. 

2 comments:

Lokodi said...

She's so beautiful! That cake sure looks good too. I wish I could have gone on the roller coasters with you Alyssa. I love them.

Lindsey

The Duke said...

She's changed so much in one year I can hardly believe it. She is really growing up to be a beautiful young lady.
I'm glad she had a happy birthday.