Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wasted half hour of my life

I just had a nightmare with our Mediacom cable company.

My son called me and said the cable was off and that he called them and they said I hadn't paid the bill.

So I checked it out and sure enough I did pay the bill by phone on April 10th for the full amount, like I've done for the last 4 years without fail.

I called Mediacom. They said, we show that you attempted to pay the bill, but then the payment was returned to us as non-sufficient.

I told them that there is plenty of funds in there, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Then they said, it wasn't lack of funds it was the wrong account number and so since the wrong number was put in, that they return the payment.

I told them that the phone payment system always confirms the account number and routing number and has me put in #1 to confirm that it is correct, then I put in the payment and it gives me a confirmation number, which I have.

They then looked up the confirmation number and said, it appeared it was right on my end, but whoever typed it in on their end must have put the account number in wrong and it couldn't pull from that account and I was being charged a $25.00 non sufficient fund fee AND a reconnection fee of $30.00

The lady wouldn't budge and I was super upset by this point.

I asked for her supervisor.

The supervisor checked over my account and reversed all fees, turned back on the cable, apologized and took a new payment by phone.

I want a nap.

4 comments:

Nicole and Brent Prime said...

Wow! Good for you for fighting! I spent 45 minutes on the phone trying to disconnect our internet service yesterday. We are moving and don't need to transfer services! Amazing how smart they can be on the other line!

Jan said...

What a pain. I'm glad you fought for it. Some people

Jess and Jen said...

Oh, that's so annoying! I always dread dealing with customer service over the phone because of experiences like that! -Jen

The Duke said...

I hate it when things like this happen. It always puts me in a very bad mood!