Thursday, April 26, 2012

Scott's 10th Birthday and Dogs do like Banana Bread

Scott is officially 10 years old now. He opened some presents last night. Tonight will be the family dinner where he picks the restaurant. Here are a couple pictures:
Scott about to open a present.

Scott and Brenden.

Scott with his favorite present.

Also last night I made 6 loaves of banana bread. Apparently while they were cooling the dog thought they smelled good also and jumped up and ate 1/2 of one loaf, 1/4 of another loaf and just the corner to ruin a third loaf. Not happy.  Jason was up first and left me a note.


This was the best looking loaf of all 6, bummer it's gone.  Click on the picture to see how yummy it WAS.

Abby our dog

7 comments:

The Duke said...

In that last picture on the right, Abby looks guilty! :)
I would have taken a gun to the dog, I think, had this happened to me. You are LOTS more patient and nicer than I am, that's for sure.

I'm sorry we missed finding Scott last night. It looks like he was super happy with his gifts --

Happy birthday, Scott!!

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday Scott! I'm glad we're birthday twins.

Michelle said...

I'm just glad she didn't get all 6 loaves. I think she just smelled the super yummy bread and in her way was just trying to sneak some. It's my fault she even got to the bread because I left it out. I should have put it either way out of reach to cool, or waited till it was cool to wrap it up and freeze it. She's a really great dog usually and so mellow.

Dave and Tana said...

Happy birthday to Scott. Hope you had an amazing day. Dave and I are worse than the dog, we ate two loaves in less that 24 hours last week. Whoops.

SuzyQ01 said...

Happy birthday Scott!!

Sorry about the banana bread, but it's what dogs do. My inlaws black lab took an entire roast off the counter. it's a hard lesson to learn - we now wrap everything and put it somewhere "safe"

gillian said...

happy birthday scott! It looks like you had a good day! Thats so funny about the dog eating the bread. I LOVE banana bread!

Alyssa said...

I met a dog that was obsessed with bananas seriously.