Thursday, August 26, 2010

wreck

Today while leaving the North Dodge Athletic Club, life was good! No life was great!

Then smack

While backing out, someone else was backing out also and we hit each other in the middle of the parking lot.

Both of our bumpers are damaged. I pulled forward after the accident and got out and we both inspected our cars.

We both agreed that we hit each other. She said she didn't see me. I said I didn't see her.

I called Jason, he said to call the insurance guy so I did.

Our insurance guy said that since we both backed into each other that it's a "No Fault Accident and we would both end up paying 50/50 to get each other's cars fixed."

So we both exchanged names and numbers and talked a little bit. She (the other driver) was calm. I was calm.

Her bumper clearly has more damage by first look than mine does. My bumper has paint missing and shows it's been hit. Her bumper is broken in a spot and has been pushed forward.

Both of us agreed we'd get estimates and then talk about the 50 50 payment in a couple days, or however that works.


THEN her mother (who was the passenger) jumps in the conversation. She says, "You (meaning me) clearly hit us cause we have more damage. We were out further and you hit us, so you should pay more." and she was all heated in a little fit.

I told her that we would contact our insurance company again and talk about things after we each get estimates.

The lady that hit me told her Mother to go sit down and let us talk about it.

So who knows how this will work out, for now I'm shaken up and upset that I didn't see her and that she didn't see me. At least none of us is hurt.

I just hope her Mother doesn't get her all upset and I hope this doesn't get ugly.

I hate confrontation and try to avoid it.

7 comments:

Jess and Jen said...

I would be shaken up too, even if it was a minor accident! I hope the lady doesn't listen to her mom! -Jen

Janessa said...

I am so sorry. I'm glad you didn't get hurt, but it's still a traumatic thing to go thorugh. I really hope everything gets resolved quickly and peacefully. Hugs!

Michelle said...

I must have been in shock until I got home because I was fine until I got in my garage, then I cried like a baby.

Mike and Adrianne said...

Wrecks, no matter how minor they are, are awful. I got rear ended once and Will was like a week old and in the back seat. I was so so worried but there wasn't any damage and everyone was ok. It still make me shake. I also home she doesn't listen to her mother.

Jan said...

I would have been shaken up too. I don't blame you for crying when you got home. I would have cried right then and there. I am glad that you are okay.

Team Clark said...

Oh no - that stinks!
Hopefully that mother will stay out of it and it will end peaceably!
-Amy

chelsey said...

Here's to hoping this gets solved quickly and without a meddling mother!

Glad you're okay and the car seems to be okay too. Last time I got rearended I had whiplash 2 days later, and couldn't move for weeks. It was miserable, so I really hope you don't have any residual effects.