Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas

As far as excitment goes, Christmas Eve is probably the most exciting day of the year. Every child has made multiple rounds past the Christmas tree to see if anything new has been layed out with the younger ones asking if Santa has already come (I put out a to Michelle from Santa present by accident). I can hear them downstairs talking about what they think they are getting. It really doesn't get much more exciting than that in the Clark house. Christmas day is usually the big anti-climax, when they realize that they got more of what they needed than what they wanted. I'll be happy if I get a couple of good books.

I also lit a fire in our fireplace for the first time. Our children were pretty happy about that. Jared curled up next to the fireplace with his Gameboy (whatever happened to books?) and was in heaven.

I hope everybody has a good Christmas. Ours has been very nice thus far.

2 comments:

Lokodi said...

Isn't it so fun when you see the total excitement on the little kids faces when santa has come? I love that Eva's finally old enough to understand how santa comes and brings gifts for good girls and boys. Her eyes totally light up just talking about him. Gabe's still in complete oblivion to what's going on. Merry Christmas. Hope you all have a nice, relaxing holiday.

Lindsey

The Duke said...

Did Jared tell you I called this afternoon? You and Michelle were both gone so I just talked to him for a few minutes. He was excited. I hope you have a lot of fun tomorrow.
Lance & Nancy are here tonight. We had a nice dinner and we've been playing games (even Dad!). Ammon decided that he's tired because if he goes to sleep right now, morning will come sooner.
I have never seen him so excited about Christmas before. He is sure he is going to get a Book of Mormon.
Did you get our envelope/gift? I hope so - it isn't much but something we wanted to share.
Christmas gets smaller and smaller and simpler and simpler for us each year. I'm more interested in just being together, not being at work, and eating some good food than I am in gifts.
Merry Christmas to your family! We love you.