Friday, December 11, 2009

Even More Dysfunction

So today I was grateful that the children went back to school since they had been home from Tuesday at 1p.m. (Early release because of the storm) until today, Friday. They needed to go back even though it's only a day so they wouldn't go absolutely crazy this weekend.

Well apparently Jared had way too much energy and took a Dare from another kid.

Jared called 911 from the Hall phone at school and then, AND THEN AND THEN . . .

LIED about it to the principal.

Nice. So now he has Saturday School. Jared didn't realize that he was on camera so he was totally busted.

So now Jared is outside scraping every single piece of ice off of our driveway with a fork.

Ha ha, just kidding, we did give him the shovel.

6 comments:

Jess and Jen said...

Oh my...and you thought it would get better when they went back to school! I hope you have a VERY relaxing weekend after the week you've had! -Jen

Jess and Jen said...

This just cracked me up to see the complete digression of posts between the nirvana of having kids home to the hell of having kids home. It made me laugh, but it probably isn't very funny to you guys at all! -Jess

chelsey said...

Ah.... Gotta love kids when they forget their brains at home huh! We've had a few instances like that where we just look dumbfounded at their actions. Did we really teach them to do that?? I certainly hope your weekend goes better than your week did! Good luck. (Dare ya to actually make him use the fork. At least it'd make for a funny picture!)

Mike and Adrianne said...

I loved that you were making him scrape the ice off with a fork...that would have been awesome. I agree with everyone else and hope your weekend is relaxing and nice!

Lokodi said...

Thanks for the huge laugh. It's not funny he did that, but the way you told it was hilarious!

Lindsey

The Duke said...

Let's see - Dad and I were trying to figure out where this comes from - more like who he is most related to. He could be related to his own dad, Jason - or he could be related to Lance & David (their escapades were a little hair raising) - or maybe even Sarah, his cousin.
But I think Grandpa said, "He must be related to me because I sure did some dumb things when I was about his age."
Cleaning the driveway off with a fork would definitly serve its purpose. Genius idea!