Wednesday, March 4, 2009

So much going on

My planner is still lost. I have looked all kinds of places. I just want it back. I have some addresses and other information written in that, that I desperately need. Anyone have any ideas on where I should look next?

I have a huge test coming up this weekend. The certification is through AFAA that is the Aerobics and Fitness Association of America.

Once I have passed that test I will have my Primary Group Exercise Certification and be able to teach more kinds of fitness classes. It's a very expensive training and I'm only able to do it because we received a tax return this year, so both Jason and I are doing this training. I would have been better to pay down student loan debt since we have a ton of it. However this training was offered at our club and it's very important to do this at this point in our lives. Basically this will mean we can teach at all kinds of clubs and not be limited to just Les Mills classes. Don't get me wrong, I love Les Mills classes, but there's a lot more to fitness then just Les Mills.

I've been asked to teach a new class called Body Sculpt and in it you do all kinds of exercises. I have been reading all kinds of material on how to teach such a class and I've been watching hours of you tube to see how others do these fitness classes. So far I'm gathering lots of new ideas and trying to create my own class. My first time teaching this will be next Tuesday at 9:30a.m. I'm worried.

Daniel is doing super well at his guitar. He has learned so much. Only bad thing is we had to cut back on his lessons. The price went up to $24 a lesson, so now he only gets 1-2 a month instead of 4-5. I felt bad, but just didn't have the extra income to supply such lessons to him. Plus none of his other siblings are in anything extra right now. Everyone wants swimming lessons and tons of other things. I have added some extra Zumba classes to my schedule so I can make extra money, but it's never enough.

I flunked my Protein test at the plasma center. It's called the SPEE test and it's done every 4 months. It tests for several different types of proteins and if you are even the slightest bit muscle sore, or slightly sick and don't realize it or whatever, then you may flunk this test. It's a blood draw and even though my finger stick that day was well within normal range for my protein numbers, the big tube of blood that seperates out all the proteins and tests them came back too low (A TENTH OF A POINT TOO LOW), so now I have to wait 7 more days for the results of a new test to come back before I can donate again. This is a huge bummer since we depend on plasma money to pay bills and now we will be out over $100 of expected income because I flunked. Guess I'll go drink some protein shakes and hope that helps. Wish me luck on that.

I love seeing all my boys playing basketball in the driveway. Right now Daniel, Jared and Brenden are out there with several friends hooping it up. I'm going to go take some pictures. I think most of the neighborhood is out there, too funny.

Tonight is Scout night and I have 4 boys in Scouts right now so I better get off this blog and be a Mom and make dinner.

No comments: