Saturday, March 21, 2009

Our Vacation to the Dells

When going to the Wisconsin Dells, I would recommend the Kalahari resort if you have children under 12 and if you want an excellent room that is clean and has lots of space. For older children in their teens the Wilderness resort has a larger wave pool and better slides. However their rooms are crap and I wouldn't stay there again if you paid me to. I would only get a day pass to swim there








The huge wave pool at the Wilderness Resort. Up to 6 foot waves.












Jason on the boogie board. He tried that thing over and over.
I tried it twice and didn't care for it much, can you see the look of fear in my face when you enlarge the picture?


















Jason trying a trick on the board. This was super hard to do.


.
Cool statues outside the House on the Rock in Wisconsin built by Alex Jordan Jr. We were driving by and decided to stop and snap pictures of all the awesome looking statues. We couldn't get into the House on the Rock because it was closed on Wednesdays.

After all the swimming was done I snapped a picture of everyone. You can tell they were completely exhausted.

4 comments:

The Duke said...

Looks like you had a great family outing! Lindsey went with some friends to the Dells once when we lived in Indiana but we didn't ever make it up there. I have heard from many people that it is a great place.
Yeah, some of the kids look pretty tired - especially Scott.

Michelle said...

Funny you mention Scott, I actually think he swam the most out of anyone, he kept going and going. He didn't want to go home. I think he would have swam all day had we all felt up to it. It was a great mini vacation. So glad we had the opportunity to go.

Papa Doc said...

Wow, I am jealous. I love to swim and went several times week from Feb. to September when the Arrowhead pool in Benjamin was open. I hated it being closed in the winter.

Where is this place in Wisconsin?

I wonder if Lance ever saw it.

Dad Clark

Michelle said...

It's 40 miles West of Madison on I-90. Since Missionaries don't swim, he probably didn't go there.