Saturday, October 23, 2010

Muddy Monster in Cedar Rapids, Iowa



Group Picture at the Muddy Monster Race. Left to Right: Alyssa as a Twister Game, My friend Stephany in her Oscar the Grouch costume,Brenden as Flash, Jason as Mr.Incredible, Scott as a Skeleton, Daniel as Batman, Jared as Neo in the Matrix, Me as Mrs.Incredible! Fun Day in Cedar Rapids. There were 4 races. Mini Monster for the children under 12, that was 400 yards, 1 Mile race for anyone under age 17. Daniel and Jared did this race. 5K race for runners or walkers. Jason, Brenden, Stephany and I all did this race. Then there was a 15K race (that's 9.3 miles).





Scott not happy at the beginning of the race. He had a hat to wear with a skeleton face, but refused.






Brenden as Flash











Alyssa as a Twister game.













The winning adult costume







Scott was just given Halloween candy and is instantly happy.










The Kardashian Sisters.
These two girls are actually sisters. Names Danyel and Janeen. Janeen's daughter Bella is who I babysit for. They received an honorable mention for thier costumes.












Daniel running in his 1 mile race. Daniel placed 2nd out of 55 and had a time of 6:25. This was his first race ever.










Jared running in his 1 mile race. Jared's time was 8:35 and he placed 20th out of 55 participants. Great for his first race ever.













Scott and Alyssa getting ready to start their Mini Monster race. Double click on this picture and you can see them in the middle.










Scott running.








I had just passed the 1 mile mark and Jared took a picture of me.












Jason running towards the finish, his time was 28:10 He placed 5th out of 11 in his age group. 94th place over all out of the 306 participants. This was his first off-road race.

Me running towards the finish line. My legs were so hot in that costume, but I finished and placed 6th in my age group out of 20. Overall I was 141 out of 306 with a time of 31:02 not a great time, but it was my first Off Road Race ever.
Brenden placed 34th out of 306 participants. His time was 23:32 beating his last 5K by 1 second. He was 11 out of 27 in his age group. Looks like he is flying, oh that's right he is!

7 comments:

LanceandNance said...

That looks like a lot of fun! Love the costumes.

Lance

Janessa said...

What a fun race! I love all the costumes. Mr. and Mrs. Incredable look awesome! Nice job!!!

The Duke said...

What a great day for the family! I think it's so cool that you are getting them involved in what you are doing.
Where in the world do you come up with such great costumes?! You are always very creative at Halloween time.
I just don't do costumes well. Ammon has been invited to a Halloween party and I have no idea what to do with him. I hate finding costumes...Come out here and help me out!

Michelle said...

Jason actually came up with the Mr. and Mrs. Incredible costume idea. I asked him what he wanted to dress up as. At first he said, "I'm not dressing up." Then he said, "Well if you could find Mr. Incredible, I'd be that." I did find it, it was at a costume shop and I had to rent it. My costume I found online and bought it. Brenden wanted to be Flash and I also had to order that online because it wasn't anywhere to be found around here in any costume shop. Scott suggested his own costume and Alyssa's costume I found last year after Halloween for just $1.00 on clearance at Wal-Mart. Alyssa saw it in the costume box and loved it and said she had to wear it and we just found red leggings and a red under armour shirt to go underneath. Jared and Daniel also came up with their costume ideas, but Daniel didn't end up wearing the Bat suit, only the batman head and even then he complained. Jared wore his Matrix cape the entire race and day and seemed to enjoy it. It was funny because Jared was the one who complained the most about doing this race. He didn't want to go, didn't want to run, didn't want to dress up. Then in the end he is the one who thanked me for "pushing him to do this." He said, "Mom this was a very fun race, thanks." I'm sure it was the Halloween candy at the end that did it for him.

Overall it was a very hard race because it was an off raod race with mud, puddles, big rocks, broken up trails, holes, gravel, sand and wet grass so it was hard to run and I worried about falling.

Brenden did a fabulous job in his
5K and ran an incredible 23:32 time, that is a 7:32 mile pace, so proud of him for doing yet another 5K and beating his last time by 1 second.

I am also so proud of Daniel and Jared for running in the mile race and then Scott and Alyssa running in the 400 Yard race. Everyone did so great!

Jason said...

This actually wasn't my first off-road race. Michelle probably wasn't aware that I did run cross country my senior year of HS (to get in shape for wrestling). My best time then was around 20 minutes for the three mile course. I was considered quite slow but I sure wish I could run that fast now.

Mike and Adrianne said...

Love the costumes, love that you all ran together, love it was a family event. Love it all.

chelsey said...

Wonderful stuff here!! Great costumes too!

You've got some athletic kids there! Holy Cow.