Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wilson's Apple Orchard

On Saturday afternoon Jason was busy painting our deck that desperately needed refinishing.

The only children home were Jared, Brenden and Alyssa.
Caleb was at work. Daniel was at a friend's house and Scott was at a Scouting activity all day.

I had the grand idea to go to the Apple Orchard. So I gathered up these three and off we went. All three complained all the way there.

Then we arrived and climbed on the tractor that takes you down into the orchard. As you can see they were all not happy to be with me.








We found the pumpkins and the apples.






































We had to climb a couple trees to get to the apples. Brenden wasn't sure how to get down so he tried his Spiderman web.












































Instead of waiting for the tractor to pick us up we decided to walk back. We had to cross a creek, it was super cold, but fun to cross!














Then I made this Apple Pie with the apples we picked! YUM












3 comments:

The Duke said...

That looks like such a fun day! It looks like the kids finally warmed up to the activity.
The unhappy photo reminded me of the day we all drug them to Dyersville. I have that picture of them sitting on the bleachers with their heads in their hands, not having any fun at all. But slowly, they warmed up to the idea and went out on the field and ended up having a good time.
Kids are funny. Wish I could eat that fabulous looking pie!

Dave and Tana said...

That looks like a fun fall activity. The pie looks great..Yum!

Janessa said...

How fun! We miss Wilson's Orchard so much! My mouth is watering over that pie. I'll bet it disapeared pretty fast.