Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Letter from Caleb 2-18-13

Below is the letter I received from my son Caleb who is serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints for two years in Anaheim, CA.

Just so you know before you read this, I usually write him about every 3 days, so a couple times a week.  Last week I didn't write him at all, not one line.  So his first line of his letter is him saying, "Hey Mom, what the heck?"


Here is the letter:


No questions this week for me to respond to, probably because you're mad at me. It's ok, I'll still email, because I still love you. Last week was a lot of fun, but a lot of hard work. We knocked a combined 16 hours throughout the week, and we didn't meet a single person who could turn into a potential investigator. In a lot of ways it has been a rough week for us, but in others it's been a really good one. We have had lots of opportunities to serve the members, but not any opportunities to teach. I am trying to stay happy, but it's kinda hard. 


This week I made lots of food. Like actually cooked stuff, and that's exciting. I even made an ice cream cake, but then Elder Hanson left our freezer open and it was ruined (as well as all my frozen stuff). It is so ridiculously hard to keep food in the apartment, as constantly other missionaries come over and eat it. I keep telling them they would have more money for food if they didn't waste it all at fast food every day. 
I'm having a lot of trouble sleeping. I'm exhausted. I think it has something to do with the air changing. It's pretty much spring here now, which I've been told lasts about a week before fire season/summer. It has been kinda rainy, but the trees are all flowering. I love the fact that people have huge rose bushes here that have flowers on them.

I'm pretty worn out, and because we haven't had many chances to teach, we haven't had many experiences I could share :( Please pray for us, as we are really struggling to find people to teach.

Elder Zohner included this little tidbit:
  HI MOM! I LOVE YOU! LOVE ELDER KALEB :)

He goes home in 22 days. He is pretty excited. 
I have no idea what to tell you about. Normally there are questions for me to answer, but now there are none. 
I have enjoyed the 2 times I have gotten to drive here. One was a Car, the other a big truck. I love it. I need shampoo and conditioner. Should I buy that?
I would really like a waffle Iron. I miss waffles so much. 
I have been using that kitchen timer as an alarm clock and it actually works a lot better than I expected it to. I've been getting to sleep around 3 or 4 in the morning lately though because I have so much going through my mind, so I've been sleeping through it. Elder Healey took a video of him slapping me to wake me up, but I slept right through it. If only he knew all it takes is turning the fan off. 
Can you or part of the extended family send me stories about our family history? 
Dad, will you be sending me a bike book, or should I buy one myself?
Some of the investigators we handed off to the Sisters are progressing really well. I love Sid, and I pray every night that things will get better between him and his wife. I know she can feel the spirit, and I want her to know she can feel that more constantly.

Gah I'm exhausted.

Ok, I'm being pulled. Got to go, please send me questions for next week!

Love, Elder Clark

No comments: