Monday, February 11, 2013

Letter from Caleb 2-11-13

This letter was much longer, but some stuff was just for me and for the other siblings privately.

Here is the rest of the letter from Elder Caleb Clark serving in the Anaheim, California Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.


Yes, I ate dog. It's not actually that bad, but I probably wouldn't have eaten it if I had known I had pet that dog a few days prior. Also, I wouldn't have eaten it if I had known it was a dog. Cat, maybe. That's because I hate cats. Monopoly must be ruined now.

I am feeling much better. On a scale of one to ten, its like an 8.

I love my bike and am thankfully still on it. I needed to fill out paperwork to get "green dotted" for driving out here. I ordered my driving record and got it, and apparently I have a clear driving record. I'm not sure how this is possible as I have a ticket from Linn County that I had to pay in August, but maybe it is because it was only 5 over. I should get green dotted soon, as not only do I have a clear record, I also have more driving experience than most missionaries who come out here, having driven all kinds of vehicles, bobcats, hi-loaders, forklifts, and towed trailers and boats. 

The only way my bike could be doing better is if I had a repair book so I actually knew how to tune it up. It needs a tune up but I don't know what I'm doing and I refuse to pay 70 bucks.

I did get the money you transferred, and I am grateful for it. I spent money on my driving record and supplies, since I was out of paper (missionaries use a lot of that stuff!) and I ran out of ink for the first time in my life with my favorite pen. I think I'm alright for now, but we will see as I get closer to the end of the month. I honestly don't understand how you could afford to live here, as everything is so dang expensive. I used my first haircut on the 20th of Jan., and I am still on my 4th roll of TP. I have no idea how these rolls last so long, as that dumb charmin stuff is gone in a week. Those things have been huge helps as I have been out here. On Thursdays we have district meeting and after we have district lunch. Usually I try to either not get anything or get something really cheap because I am trying to stretch my money. Last week we went to Five Guys though, and I had to get one of the burgers everyone was telling me about. It was really good, but I can't believe I let them talk me out of 12 bucks! That's almost ten percent of what I get in a month for all my expenses. Never again.

I hope you feel better. I can't imagine leg injuries are that much fun.

I can't believe how little time we have each week to email. I plan on writing a letter home this week. 

Love you! 

Elder Clark

No comments: