Friday, September 2, 2011

Brenden is 14!

Brenden is 14 already. It is weird to me to think that 14 years have gone by since he was born.

Back in late July of 1997, Brenden tried to come into this world at 10 weeks early. I was dialated to a 3 and my doctor freaked out. He put me in the hospital and made me stay in the hospital for 4 weeks. The doctor was concerned for me having my baby too early because
1. I had 3 children already at home all under age 4.
2. My husband was working and going to graduate school so he couldn't be around to help me.
3.  No parents or relatives of any kind around to help me.

So here I am in the hospital having a grand time knitting, cross-stitching, eating whatever I want and laying around for 4 weeks, while Jason is home tending to the rest of the children, still working and going to school. I felt so bad for him. Thank goodness our church stepped in during this time and watched the children, brought in meals almost daily, cleaned my house and visited me. I went home at 34 weeks along expecting to have Brenden at any moment since I was now dialated to a 4 and having pains every day. But I managed to go 2 more weeks and had Brenden the night my parents came to visit with my sister because they were taking her to college. My Mom got to see Brenden born.

Brenden is a great child. He loves to run and has ran several 5K races and placed in the top 5 in his age group every time he has raced. He loves to eat all kinds of foods and never ever complains when I make him something new. Brenden makes friends easily and is always being requested at our front door by someone. I'm glad he is in our family. Happy Birthday Brenden!




In our family you get to choose any type of dessert you want for your "birthday cake"  Brenden chose a Peanut Butter/Chocolate pie.  Great choice.


I chose this picture not because Brenden has a cute smile, but because I never seem to be able to get Caleb in pictures anymore smiling and he was being goofy and leaned into Brenden while I was snapping a picture so I had to add this.


Brenden asked for some interesting items, one thing being Flaming Hot Cheetos, so that's one of the gifts he received.

He also wanted games for his X box gaming system.  It is so hard to find games that are not rated M.  Here is one that was rated T that we thought he would enjoy.


A picture with his gifts.  He seemed to be happy.  I did follow the list!

2 comments:

The Duke said...

He's so stinkin' cute!
Happy birthday, buddy boy. We sure do love you.

Lokodi said...

He totally doesn't look like he's 14. Of course, when you have older brothers who are giants, that's what happens. I'm still trying to get over the fact that you only have one kid left who's not in YM or YW. That's just crazy to me. Brenden, that pie sure looks good. You have good taste. I hope you had a great birthday. I sure do miss you!

Lindsey