Friday, November 19, 2010

Return of the Turkey Trot--Marion, Iowa

It was super cold last Saturday in the 30's and a bit drizzly too, but the rain just happened to hold off for the hour of our race.

There were two races--a 4K (2.5 miles) and an 8K (5 miles)

Brenden ran the 4K and even though there wasn't official results for that race he still came in at an amazing time of 20:16 and from what I heard he was 7th. Way to go Brenden, so proud of you!




I came in 148th out of 329 women and 25th out of 50 in my age group. My time for the 8K was 46:58. I couldn't believe I was that fast, but it was all because of a couple people I was running with that were pushing me to run faster the entire race. Ray Moon from Wisconsin was on my left and MaryAnn Baldwin from Iowa was on my right and they both encouraged me to keep up with them. Thank you to both of them for the great race!





Here's Brenden crossing the finish line!



Brenden, Scott, Alyssa,Jared and I with a turkey!

Here I am about to cross the finish line. I was completely tired.



3 comments:

The Duke said...

Congrats on another amazing feat! Good for you and Brenden.

Linda said...

What a great way to spend a Saturday! Congratulations to both of you :)

Papa Doc said...

Wow! I could not even walk 2.5 miles with my sore knee. You guys and gals make it seem so easy, and you are not just run of the mill: you are great competiters!

So who is the big guy in the picture?

Where is the old man in these reces? I know, he was riding along on his bike.

Dad Clark