Sunday, April 21, 2013

Letter from Caleb--April 15, 2013

Hey Mom!

 A few updates, because today is really busy and we don't have much time to email. So first off, Saturday we had two baptisms! It was an amazing experience, and I am so happy that we were able to do it. Things came together at the last moment, and it was a really wonderful experience.

 Also, Friday we were doing service and I whacked my left hand with a shovel. I was told by Sister Bowen to go get it X-Ray'd. It looked like it was broken, but then they realized that the spot they thought was broken was actually where it was broken when I was in 8th grade. It healed funny I guess. So Saturday they diagnosed me with a bad jam, and told me to wear a splint for 2 weeks. So that sucks. My hand hurts really really bad, and biking bites, but its ok.

 My bike. Friday (before my hand) I took my bike to an Anti mormon man, who helped me do things that I don't know how to do. I had a few broken spokes and I have a bent axle from the wreck, and he was able to true the rim up almost all the way without a jig. He showed me some cool tricks, and we had a good discussion about the Gospel. My bike is functional again, even though it still has a bent axle and some rim damage. As long as I stay on the maintenance, there wont be any issues with it.

 I have a lot to do this week, and it is the last week of the Transfer. I will be starting Transfer 5 next week. Holy crap, I've almost been out 6 months! It goes so fast...

 I love you Mom! I loved the talk in conference about how a mission is a family affair. I know I couldn't be out here without the support of you and Dad back home. This is tough work, but it is well worth it.

 Love you! Elder Clark


1 comment:

The Duke said...

What a great picture! It sounds like Caleb is learning not only more about the gospel, but about bike maintenance as well. He always has been a "fix-it" kind of guy.
I'm glad he was able to baptize one of those cute little kids. It makes my heart happy.