Saturday, November 26, 2011

2011 Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving day started out with everyone sleeping in except for me.  I got up super early and ran a turkey trot. Go to this link if you want to read about it: Turkey

I came home and we headed out for Tracy's home in Williamsburg. I took a bunch of pictures, but missed a few that I thought I took of all the men and older boys watching football.  The food was amazing.  I'm so thankful we have great friends that invited us into their home to share this wonderful holiday.  I also wanted to get a picture of Tracy's Mom Helen and her boyfriend Jim together.  You won't see any pictures of Caleb because he was working.  I think this was my first Thanksgiving without him. Jason was also there, but how he didn't appear in any pictures, I am not sure.


In the van on the way to Tracy's home.  Brenden and Jared are in the back with Daniel who ducked down.  Alyssa and Scott were in the middle.

One of Tracy's tables she had all pretty and set up.

My friend Tracy bringing out a hot dish.  Dinner was almost ready.

A bunch of the cold food.  We had cranberry bread, banana bread, celery, carrots and chips and crackers with dips, cranberry salsa, deviled eggs, pickle plate, cranberry sauce, two pumpkin pies, apple pie, chocolate cream pie, chips, mints, broccoli saled, pretzal salad.  Then there was a hot table of food.

Tracy and her Mom Helen.

Me attempting to cut the turkey.  Tracy had this fun electric knife, it was almost too much power for me.

Tracy's children Jakob and Erik, you can see the back of Dan's head, there is Steve (Tracy's husband in the background) and her Mom.  You can also see Alyssa and Jared.

Another picture with the children.  Alyssa is up front.  Brenden and Daniel in the back.  Jacob and Eric on the right.

Tracy and I in the kitchen.
A picture of our other food.  Stuffing, mashed potatoes, potatoe/cheese casserole, broccoli and cheese casserole, Ham, Turkey, Brisket, rolls.  I think I tried it all.

After dinner Tracy and I drove out to her house she is building.  She let me drive her fun little car.

Jared wearing a mask so he could play with the air soft gun.

Don't mistake Brenden looking grumpy for being bored because he was having so much fun running around the property playing with the guns chasing his brothers.

Daniel and Jared.

Scott looking so cute.  He ran around the property a bunch, chased Tracy's dogs and just had a great time.

Brenden wearing the mask so he could play with the guns.

5 comments:

Nicole and Brent Prime said...

Wow! Looks like a fun time. Too much food to try! It all looks so good.

chelsey said...

Looks like you had a great thanksgiving! So glad you were able to have a fun, relaxing day. That's certainly something to be thankful for!

Jan said...

Looks like you had fun, and a lot of good food. Who made the broccoli cheese casserole? Could I get the recipe? I have been looking for a good recipe for that forever.

Michelle said...

Tracy made the broccoli cheese casserole. I'll ask her for the recipe and get back to you.

Alyssa said...

I really liked the ham. I think we should have ham next year