Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Brenden's stitched up head

Last week I received phone call from the West High health office saying, "We need you to come pick up Brenden, he fell and MAY need stitches."

Jason and I went to get him together, then Jason dropped me off at work and then Jason took him to the hospital to see one of his surgeon friends who said he'd stitch him up if needed.

When the doctor and Jason started looking at the wound they realized it was very deep. The cut was all the way to the skull. After the doctor cleaned the wound out for a very long time he began to stitch him up, but had to do a layer of stitches in the muscle layer underneath the skin since the wound was so deep. Then Brenden had stitches that you can see on top of his head, then staples. He was sore for a couple days. My pictures of his head aren't great because when I tried to get a close up, then it was blurry.


6 comments:

Jess and Jen said...

Yikes! How did he fall? -Jen

Jason said...

He was talking to a girl and tripped over another girl's foot as he entered his English class. He fell into the strike plate of the door and ripped his scalp open.

The Duke said...

Oh my goodness sake! I'm sorry for him! I guess he is now finding out that girls just aren't worth it. ;)

Lokodi said...

That is absolutely nasty! Poor Brenden. Give him huge hugs from me...if he'll let you (or is he too cool for that?).

Lindsey

LanceandNance said...

Scars are cool!

Michelle said...

Brenden got his staples out today and is feeling a ton better than last week. Maybe now he can finally wash his hair better.