Thursday, July 14, 2011

In the right place at the right time!

Last night I just happened to be watching the 10p.m. News on Channel 2, which is our CBS channel here in Eastern Iowa.  They said that in just a minute they would announce where in all of Eastern Iowa the $2.00 fuel would be.  I perked up just a bit, but then figured it would be in Cedar Rapids like it had been previously.  They do this EVERY Wednesday night.

Then the news man said, "Here we are at the Casey's gas station on Willow Creek Drive in Iowa City, come get your $2.00 fuel up to 20 gallons!  The first 35 vehicles here will get this and other prizes!"

I couldn't believe my ears, but since I was dressed I quickly grabbed my keys to my fuel empty van and then found my purse and bolted out the door to the gas station.  I left so fast and with such excitement that I was halfway to the gas station when I realized that I didn't have shoes on.  I didn't care.  I was determined to be one of the first 35 vehicles.

I made it there in record time and ended up being the 6th vehicle to arrive.  I was greeted by a police officer that told me which pump I would be at next and then the Casey's manager that handed me the following:

My $2.00 per gallon voucher up to 20 gallons, a Free Large fountain drink that can be used anytime before the end of August, a Free Super size slice of Casey's Pizza (which is amazing by the way), then two tickets to Hawkeye Downs Speedway.   Super awesome.  I was filled with excitement that I made it there in time to achieve this.

So even though I was barefoot,  I filled up my van with the full 20 gallons, thank goodness my tank was near empty when this deal was announced.

I have figured it out, since our fuel here in Iowa is $3.69 a gallon and I got it for just $2.00 this means I received $33.80 in FREE fuel!!!

7 comments:

Dave and Tana said...

That is so exiting!!! I would have left without my shoes too.

SuzyQ01 said...

THAT is a sweeeeet deal! I would love that kind of deal for my truck - it takes over $100 to fill me up

Life and times of the doctor's wife said...

nice!

The Duke said...

Wish we could find something like that out here! Pretty sweet deal.

Jan said...

That is pretty cool. I would have ran out to get there as fast as possible too.

Janessa said...

Wow! That is very cool! Glad you're so speedy, barefoot and all.

Michelle said...

This morning on the 6a.m. news they just announced where the next $2.00 fuel is, but it was 20 minutes North, so I didn't bolt out this time. Hopefully next Wednesday it will be closer to home again!