Wednesday, July 13, 2011

He claims he's adopted

Today Daniel studied up for his driver's permit and then took a few practice tests online.

Daniel and I left for the bank that has the safe deposit box so I could get his birth certificate and take it to the Department of Motor Vehicles to prove he is not only American but my child with a real birthdate, and so he could then take his driving test and get his permit.

While at the bank I searched my safe deposit box over and over.  I found everyone's birth certificate except for Daniel's.

Then Daniel says to me, "I told you I was adopted."

So we come home and I search his photo album, thinking to myself that it has to be in there because where else would it be?

Never found it.  I really don't know where else to look and I'm stumped.  I'm also bummed out for Daniel because he really wants a permit so he can start learning to drive.

Sorry Dan.

4 comments:

The Duke said...

Oh man, that's a bummer! I'm sure as soon as you send off to get a new one the old one will surface. Darn -- I feel badly for both you and Daniel.

SuzyQ01 said...

Oh, that's too bad for Daniel...I can still remember the anticipation I had for my drivers permit.

Janessa said...

That stinks! Hope you're able to find it or get a replacement soon so that he can carry on with his permit plans. Good luck!

Jan said...

You might just have to get a replacement. That is too bad