Friday, June 17, 2011

Jared's 15th Birthday 6-15-11

Jared's birthday actually started last Friday night when my parents (that were in town for Caleb's graduation party) took Jared and the rest of us out to Ci Ci's pizza buffet. Super yummy and we all pigged out on pizza, brownies, salad, pasta, breadsticks, cinnamon rolls, dessert pizza and soda! I think we all rolled out of there.

Then on Tuesday, Jared asked if he could have a few friends over for his Golden Birthday. He ended up having about 12 teens here. I'm thankful to Little Caesar's pizza that has $5.00 Large pizzas so that we could get a bunch to satisfy the group. We also had a ton of leftover cupcakes, cookies, pop, water and juice from the graduation party so all of the teens were happy to finish off those things. Wednesday night (the night of his actual birthday) he didn't want the family celebration because he was being thrown a party at Scouts at church so he asked that we celebrate it last night. Last night (Thursday) we finally sang to him. So I guess you could say that Jared is officially 15 now.

Some interesting facts about Jared you may not know:

He loves to read and between him and Alyssa they are having a contest of who can read all 7 books of Harry Potter the fastest. Both of them have read the series before.

Jared tried out for show choir and will be in that for his Sophomore year.

Jared would love to grow his hair out long and has asked me several times to just let him do it. It usually comes down to me threatening to cut his hair or get a professional. One time he actually chose me to cut it (that was only one time).

Jared has about 5 girlfriends at once (he says he doesn't, but I'm constantly seeing him with another girl walking down the street. Every night different girls call for him.

Jared loves White Chocolate

Jared was born at 4:08 a.m. 5 weeks early, but was a strong enough baby to come home without a NICU stay.

Happy Birthday Jared, we love you and are glad you are in our family!



Jared holding his new Wii game that he picked out.

Being silly.

This looks like his pie is on fire due to our poor quality camera and the amount of candles on that pie.

Here is Jared's birthday pie.  He wanted pie instead of cake.  He picked out a Peanut Butter pie, which is actually my favorite pie, so I was very happy to eat it.

6 comments:

Alyssa said...

it is me and dad who race mom not me and Jared he just likes to bother me. like the other day he put me pillow on the roof.

The Duke said...

We tried to call to talk to Jared but couldn't find him - at least not when I was home.
We certainly want to wish him the happiest year ever. Jared is a fine young man! It's awesome that he made it into show choir for next year. He'll enjoy that.
I love the look of that pie. I would rather have pie than cake, too.
Happy late birthday, buddy boy. (Maybe Jim was able to finally find him.)

Jess and Jen said...

Wow...sounds like a lot of fun celebrations for his birthday! Happy Birthday Jared! -Jen

Mike and Adrianne said...

Happy birthday Jared. I agree with Jen, it sounds like a lot of good parties.

Scott said...

Happy late birthday (lol)

Janessa said...

What a fun birthday! That pie looks delish! I love the pie on fire picture - awesome!