Saturday, July 10, 2010

Tiffin, Iowa 5K race

Another small race completed.

This time in Tiffin, Iowa. That's a town right next door to Iowa City. Today it was a 5K and it was a rolling hill course.

When I read the pamphlet for this race it said that you would come to appreciate the rolling hills of Iowa after this race. They weren't kidding. One hill after another. It was hard. I found it to be a real challenge.

My time was 31:00 on the dot. This means I ran a 10 minute mile since a 5K is 3.1 miles.

I felt like I was running fast at some points of the race, so I was super surprised by my time, but maybe the hills have something to do with that.

Either way I finished and I'm closer to my goal of running a marathon someday!



3 comments:

The Duke said...

Keep it up! How come Jason isn't running any of these with you? You ought to see if any of your kids would join you. That would be fun.
Way to go!

SuzyQ01 said...

Good job!!

Michelle said...

I've asked the children if they want to run and all of them say no except for Brenden. He is running on July 31st in a 1 mile fun run, while I do a 5K. It's for Pickle Days in Walker, Iowa