Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I just got done blowing my nose - again (I know, gross). I really don't like having a cold but what I really don't like is to just kind of have a cold. When you only kind of have a cold, you still have to get up on time, go to work, and attend to all other professional, church, and family obligations. At least when you are really sick you can spend the day in bed and nobody expects anything. So here I sit at work with a box of tissues next to my computer.

I am not normally a big fan of Valentine's Day. I can't possibly live up to the standard set by FTD and See's. I did manage to buy Michelle a card and take her out to dinner though. We went to a place called The Three Samuari. As the name implies, it is a Japanese place. I had been there once before for lunch about 8 years ago but Michelle had never been there. It was incredible. We just got our tax return back so we didn't feel too badly over spending more than we would normally spend on dinner. The sushi was great and the entree's were prepared perfectly. I had pork tenderloin medallions with mushrooms, Japanese mashed potatoes, and asparagus. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Michelle loved the place and we had a very nice evening. I can do Valentine's Day like that.

Well, back to work. I took a sick day yesterday so I have just that much more to get done today.

3 comments:

The Duke said...

I'm sorry you have a cold. It's miserable, especially when you have to go to work and "think."
I'm also glad you had a nice Valentine's Day. Sometimes just getting away without kids is enough to make the day/evening worth it. A little date time is nice.
Mom

Jess and Jen said...

You are such a food guy. Since we've gotta eat it, I guess you'd better enjoy it, right?

Not sure I'm ready for Japanese food. I'm still stuck on Panda Express as my Asian food.

Mike and Adrianne said...

That sounds like a great Valentine's day. I love Asian food.