Monday, April 28, 2008

To London and Back




Jason and I just went to London. It was awesome. I earned this trip through Pampered Chef so everything was completely free except for a few meals and even then Pampered Chef gave us $350 in spending cash to offset some of that expense.


Everything there was so entirely fascinating to me. I loved everything about London except all the cigarette smoke. Seems like everyone there smokes. That was surprising.
I recommend London as a place to go, however bring double the cash that you think you will need.
I loved Portabello Rd. it was my favorite place to shop. Just like in the movie "Bedknobs and Broomsticks" it is still a market place to this day full of fun antiques and treasures.
The next trip I'm trying to earn for Jason and I is Riviera Maya, Mexico. This is an all inclusive trip so it will include everything.
Now that we are home it's back to the schedule of everything. Here's how our life plays out.
Sunday we all sleep in, that's nice, then we have a late breakfast, then go to church from 11:30 to 2:30 then we just do stuff as a family all day like watch family movies, read books, take family walks, play in the back yard, play a board game or do absolutely nothing.
Monday through Friday: Jason works from 8-4:30 then some nights he teaches at Core fitness
Jason and I like to go on a date once a week if possible.
I have a crazy schedule that is never the same week to week. For the most part, here is how it goes:
Mondays I teach Body Pump and sometimes Zumba. Zumba is a Latin Dance aerobic class, go to http://www.zumba.com/ to find out more.
Tuesdays I donate plasma and I also teach Body Step which is from the Les Mills programs out of New Zealand. Go to http://www.lesmillsusa.com/
This particular Tuesday I have to go to Target to be a mystery shopper, but I'm not mystery shopping this time, I'm just giving them some new credit card applications that were mailed to me. Target is over by the plasma center and the plasma center is over by the new West side Core fitness that I teach at on Tuesdays, so I won't be wasting gas. Gas here in Iowa is up to $3.55 a gallon, it is killing us financially. I just wish we'd all get a raise since everything else is going up in price.
Wednesdays I teach early in the morning Body Pump at 5:20 a.m. It's a killer to get up at 4:30 to eat and get ready just to work out, but it's also nice to have it over with. Then all day I work at HyVee, a local grocery store that I occasionally work at once to twice a week.
Thursdays are my day to be free. I clean house, donate plasma if I feel like it, practice choreography for my dance and aerobics classes, visit teach sisters from church, have lunch with friends, do Pampered Chef stuff, laundry and much more. Sometimes when I'm really lucky I get a nap on Thursdays, this is rare, but nice when it happens.
Fridays I teach Body Step early in the morning at the old East side Core fitness then 3 hours later teach Body Pump at the same gym. Then some Fridays I head over to HyVee to work for 4 hours if I don't have Dr. appts. and such.
Saturdays I usually do a Pampered Chef party in the morning or clean house and spend time with the family. Depends on the week.
There you have it. The life of the Clarks.

1 comment:

Carmell said...

I'm excited to read your family blog! It will be fun to keep up with what you are all up to. We miss you!