Monday, April 28, 2008

Chapter 1

I always seem to have so much to say but not everything I have to say fits (content-wise) on my work blog or on my extended family's blog. So here we go.

Michelle and I are as different as two people can possible be so most likely our posts will be very different. Really the only things we have in common are our children and our love of fitness. We have 6 children that range in age from 6 to 14 (the 14-year-old may not make it to 15 if he doesn't rearrange his attitude). Michelle and I also teach several different fitness classes at a local gym. We both teach Body Step and Body Pump while Michelle teaches a latin aerobics dance class call Zumba and I teach an athlete training class called Body Attack. We both love to teach and have been doing so for a few years now. Unfortunately, we are both a bit injured right now and have had to pull back a little. Michelle is suffering from what is most likely a stress fracture in her left shin while I managed to pull something (most likely my plantar fascia) in the arch of my foot. Tonight I am going for a bike ride to get some kind of exercise. Not being able to do anything is driving me crazy. Michelle is able to at least teach her classes although she is not supposed to really be doing much in step.

Scott's sixth birthday was last week. Besides some clothes, he got a transformer and a tub of Legos. Lately, my boys have really been into Legos. Scott, Jared, and Brenden will spend hours in their room building things - at least I know where they are. Yesterday, Scott brought me in a helicopter and a truck he had built. He was pretty proud.

One of Scott's primary teachers was out of town yesterday so I had the opportunity to sit in with his class to maintain the Church's two teacher policy. It was interesting to watch my little boy (my baby) interact with his classmates and teacher and answer questions. It reminded my that he is no longer the baby that he used to be. It is a little sad knowing that he is my last. Both Michelle and I love children and have been blessed with 6 of the best - especially when they are asleep. We are told constantly by people at their schools and at church how helpful and respectful they are. Although I know that it is really true, I sometimes wonder if they got my children mixed up with somebody else. I guess respect doesn't always come home with them.

2 comments:

chelsey said...

Great start to the blog guys! My kids seem to check the respect at the school's doors too sometimes. I hate that. Teachers say they do great, but where's that "great" when I need it??
I'm really needing to expand my excercise routine. Wish you two were out here to teach. I'd be sure to go then!

Papa Doc said...

Jason, maybe you need to pin a sign on Caleb's backside like I did to yours when you were four that said, "I am a child of God. I deserve respect." :)
Well, it was a good reminder to me to think before I swatted your little behind. Maybe you could wear that sign around your neck when he's around to help him remember. I know, that won't happen, but sometimes we need something that helps us keep the perspective and I have always wished I could figure out how to give the kids the perspective of who we are as well. They never seem to think we have feelings. I have finally begun to explain that how they talk to me hurts my feelings and makes me very sad. Sometimes it works - especially if it isn't overused. Keep trying!
You guys are both so incredibly busy it's hard to find you home. I absolutely LOVED your family photo!! You are all so handsome and I think you and Michelle look 10 years younger.
I'm really proud of how hard both of you work to support your family and do good things.
I wish you lived close enough to teach me those fat-reducing steps - so don't move as far away as Cincinnati!
Mom