Thursday, September 4, 2014

Trip to Utah- First day Nebraska

As a surprise and my birthday present, we traveled to Utah to visit Brenden. His birthday was on Saturday and he didn't know we were traveling there. We left on Thursday right after Jason and I got off of work.  We only made it to Lincoln, NE and we stayed in a nice hotel with a hot tub and pool.
The next morning Jason and I went for a run.  Here are some pictures from the first day of traveling.


Our hotel was over by Jason's old church.  We were able to run right past it since we were so close.  The church was on 56th and Vine Street in Lincoln, NE.    



Out on our run we found this cool sign.  Of course I had to have a picture.
A crazy statue in the city park.  The park was Bethany Park in Lincoln, NE
After our run we had breakfast and Scott woke up, so we went swimming.



And we relaxed in the hot tub.
I realized that both of them had Pickle Day race shirts on from different years, so I had to get a picture.

A blue steel pose.  Kinda blurry, but funny.
Next stop was Ogalalla, NE.  We found a Runza fast food place and since I'd never had a Runza I had to have one.
Here is what it looks like.  I had the BLT Runza.  Basically they are ground beef with cabbage and onions in a yummy bread thing made from scratch.  I loved it.  However, then I found out it was 790 calories and my love faded a bit.  Basically it's the Nebraska version of the Maid Rite.

No comments: