Sunday, September 7, 2014

2nd day of traveling until we finally reached Utah.

Here are pictures from the 2nd day driving to Utah. On this day we drove from Lincoln, NE all the way to Elk Ridge, Utah. A long long drive. I took a few pictures. We arrived around 11 p.m. at night and surprised Brenden.
Saw this sign and thought of Jared.  We were within 1 hour of where he was on his mission.

Rock formations were getting pretty dang awesome.

I saw this sign and thought of my Brother in Law Warren.


We had to stop at this awesome rest area.  I decided to help acclimate my lungs, I would run a while at this high elevation.  It was hard, but didn't feel too awful.  I ran 1.2 miles then we really had to get going again.  I think  I could have ran 4 miles because I felt awesome.

This statue was at this rest area.

With this sign.


And this sign.
A big rainstorm  in the distance that we drove right through.


Driving super fast.  The speed limit in Wyoming in most places was 80 m.p.h.  I LOVED it.

No comments: