Sunday, August 3, 2014

Girls Camp

This year I had the opportunity to go to Girl's Camp from Tuesday, July 22nd through Saturday the 26th early morning. I loved it. It was awesome. I would go again. Now to ask me if I would love it and go again before the week began, I would say no way. 21 years ago Jason took me camping. I was almost 7 months pregnant, we didn't have any padding underneath our sleeping bags, and we had a two man tent. All of this leads to miserable camping. Plus we woke up to snow on the ground.

I took with me lots of bug spray of all kinds, spray for around the tent.  I stayed with Maryanne who had a 6 man tent for just us two leaders, I had padding for underneath my sleeping bag, we didn't wake up to snow on the ground and I'm NOT pregnant.  All of these things will give you Happy Camping!
Left to Right standing in back: Me, Annie, Jan, Rachel, Gabby, Kaylee, Alyssa, Maryanne, Loretta
Front row:  Laura and Anna
Rachel, Kaylee and Alyssa

Gabby with her friends from the Fairfield Ward.


The Girl's cabin. It sleeps 9.

Inside the cabin.


Alyssa didn't want her picture taken.



Maryanne and I taking a selfie in the girl's cabin.
Anna, Annie and Laura
Alyssa on the monkey bridge.  It was a very scary bridge to cross, right after I took this picture she fell off into the creek.
Alyssa falling off the Monkey bridge. Gabby is right above her.




Marryanne, Me and Jan.  Yes we look worn out, this was the 2nd to last day.

Rachel and Jan
Kaylee on the monkey bridge.

Annie, Laura and Anna being silly.

Iowa City Stake Girl's Camp.  Can you spot Alyssa and I?

No comments: