Saturday, March 22, 2014

Lumps

About 4 weeks ago I found 3 more lumps in my Left breast.  For about 2 years I've had 1 lump.   That one lump caused great concern and heartache at first.  I had an ultrasound, then a mammogram, then a biopsy and it all ended up being "Weird fatty tissue".

I was told that I should "know my breasts well".  Be sure to be aware of any changes.  As I was told I checked them once, sometimes twice a month.  I always still had that 1 lump.

Then 4 weeks ago 3 more showed up.  This did alarm me at first, but as I thought about it I didn't want to worry anyone, so only 3 people knew:

1.  Jason
2.  My best friend in the whole world who lives in Idaho, Rodona.
3.  A really good friend here in Iowa

Why didn't I tell my immediate family?  Because they would worry.
Why didn't I tell my Mom, Dad, Sister or Brother?  Because they would worry.
Why didn't I tell anyone else?  You already know that answer.

Why worry about something until you know the facts.

So I finally got into see my OB doctor, which took a while and I have to say I wasn't pleased that they dragged their feet getting me in there.  Their exact words were, "Well lumps can appear when you are close to your cycle as you age."  So no worries and we will see you in 2 weeks.

Seriously.  Jerks, I thought.

Anyway, I finally got into see my doctor, who confirmed the lumps were really there and not my imagination.

Then I finally got scheduled for my mammogram which was 2 WHOLE days later, which I had to leave work for a separate time because the scheduler had originally said my mamo appointment was the same day as the OB, but she screwed up.

ANYWAY, after a mammogram and 3 biopsies later and then WAITING ANOTHER WEEK FOR FUN, I found out that the three new lumps are:

Calcifications.


So there, no one extra had to worry.  I'm fine.  Happy, thriving and going to a Yoga class in 20 minutes, then running, then teaching Zumba!

Very Happy!

No comments: