Sunday, December 15, 2013

Nativity Celebration

Last Saturday three of our children, my friend Deb, her granddaughter, Jason and I went to Cedar Rapids to a Nativity celebration. I'm not sure how many years they have been doing this celebration, but I know for at least the last two they have because I've heard about it.

 It was located at 4150 Blue Jay Drive NE, Cedar Rapids.The advertizement went like this:  There are more than 740 different Nativity displays on loan from scores of area collectors. One highlight is a life-sized 12-piece nativity set restored after the 2008 floods. Musical performances from some 20 local groups add to the festive atmosphere while you browse the display area, enjoy light refreshments, and let your children dress up in Nativity clothing. This is a great family activity. All visitors are urged to bring a non perishable food item for local food banks. Go to www.crnativity.org to learn more!

So we went and here are a few pictures of my favorite nativity displays:
















This was the life size nativity. Sure doesn't look life size in this picture, but it was HUGE.  Very awesome.

No comments: