Sunday, December 29, 2013

2013 Year in Review for Michelle

There are many many things that I have done this year.  I have attended many choir and  band concerts for my children and a couple plays.  I have ran in a lot of races, but not nearly as many as in past years.  Probably about 1/4th  as much.  I have continued to teach Body Sculpt at two different places, but dropped Zumba for a while so my ankle could properly heal.  I just started teaching Zumba again in December.

 There has been a lot of training to get ready for the triathlons that I was in so I spent many early mornings swimming, biking and running to get ready for the big races.  I only had time early in the morning since I'm a very busy Mom of 6 children (5 of which were home most of the year).

I have lost some friends this year that at first really hurt, but then I realized they weren't friends to begin with especially if they weren't willing to talk it all out and work it all out.  Apparently I'm the only one that really cared about trying to save the relationships.

I made some new friends this year, and strengthened some other friend's relationships.  But most of all I have become closer to my family this year.  We have had several day trips and spent more time together than in past years.  I realized this year more than ever that Family is Forever.   In my church we believe that Family can be sealed together for not only Time but Eternity as well.  This many seem like it is not possible, but it is.  I truly believe it with all my heart.   See link HERE or  HERE  if you want to know how you can be with your family forever.  Family should mean more to you than anyone else and you should spend more time with them than anyone else.  If anyone tells you differently or is upset with you because you don't spend time with them, then they just don't get it.

I have had many trials this year (financial, emotional, work, home, immediate family and extended family) and have had a bunch of things happen to me that have been really hard in life in general.  I have learned to push through and make every day a new day.  Also to be happy no matter what life gives you.  I could list a long list of hard things and challenges that have really brought me down, but I choose to focus on the good things.  So because of that, I have made a short recap of my year.  I know I have forgotten some things, but this is a pretty good list.


January:

The North Dodge Indoor Triathlon was a big part of our lives.  See link HERE.  Both Brenden and I competed in this.  Tons of fun.  Jason directed the race and spent many hours working on this race to make it awesome for all that participated.  I volunteered for many parts of it and was in charge of getting all the volunteers for it, that seemed like a really big job and took tons of time.

Caleb was only out on his mission for 3 months and I still missed him like crazy.  Having him gone was really hard on my emotions.

I was hired as a temp at Hills bank in the mail room part time.  I really liked that job, but needed full time.

Body Moves Fitness and Wellness center split off of Curves and  moved down the street from Curves.  I chose Body Moves to be an instructor at instead of Curves.  See link HERE.

February:  Our van turned a cool # on the odometer:  123456.  Let's hope we can double that number before it dies.













I ran/walked a 5K and felt a little closer to healing my ankle.  The link is HERE.  None of the people in the pictures are friends with me anymore as of August.  That was mentioned above.   I am so much happier now and as a result have realized what friendships really mean.  I have tried to strengthen the friendships I do have, make some new friends and have become a lot closer to my children and husband this year.

Our dog Abby turned 2.  See link HERE.


March:   Finally ran an entire 5K since my horrible ankle injury.  See link HERE.
Celebrated Daniel's 18th Birthday.

April:
Got to see Daniel in a Rugby game.  See link HERE.
Participated in a wedding party.
Got my bike tuned up and then started riding my bike to North Liberty and back in the early mornings.
Celebrated Scott's 11th birthday.

May:

Went to visit my parents in Ohio for 3 days.  I ran a Quarter Marathon for my first time since my ankle injury.  It went well.  Here is that LINK

My 2nd oldest son, Daniel graduated from high school.











June:

Went with two of my girls from my Body Sculpt class to swim in the lake and try out our wet suits.  See link HERE.
Had a graduation party for Daniel.  See link HERE.
Did a sleep study at the University.  See link HERE.
Was hired on full time at Hills Bank as a Receptionist.
Celebrated Jared's 17th birthday.
Went to see Lindsey and her family in Kansas City.

July:
Had a wonderful 4th of July with my family.
Completed my very first Duathlon.  See link HERE.
Celebrated my 21st wedding anniversary with Jason!
Celebrated Alyssa's 14th birthday.
Was in a 3 month driving study.

August:
Completed a Triathlon with my husband and my friend Ashley from my Body Sculpt class. See link HERE.
Celebrated Caleb's 20th birthday through letters and a package and also celebrated Brenden's 16th birthday.
Still in a driving study.
My children started school. I have 3 in High School this year.  Super expensive by the way.

September:

On September 3rd I had my 900th plasma donation.  To think I almost didn't come back for my 2nd donation 11 years ago because I threw up all over the phlebotomist.   The guy told me to give donating another try.  Glad I did.  I donate at Biolife plasma.  You should try it if you are healthy enough to do so and not afraid of needles. The link is HERE.

September 14th we went as a family to Wilson's Orchard.  Every year we try and go.  Here is the LINK.

On September 21st I completed a half marathon with my husband.  I was able to achieve a new PR (personal record) by 10 minutes on the dot.  What a sweet moment when we crossed the finish line together.
Here is the LINK.

Finally ended the driving study, but got paid $500 and went shopping with my daughter.

October:

Donated my hair.  See link HERE. 
Went on a 40 mile bike ride with Jason.  See link HERE.
Completed a really fun Quarter Marathon race with our good friends Lisa and Kyle Helland.  See link HERE.


November:
Transferred jobs at the bank to work in the loan department.  Such a better fit for me with better hours, a shorter commute and a much busier, more exciting job.

Celebrated Jason's birthday!

Spent Thanksgiving with some of Jason's siblings and their families in Kansas City.  The weather was perfect.  Here is the LINK if you want to read more or see pictures.

December:  

Helped out as an elf at the bank where I work.  See link HERE.

Ran in a fun Christmas race and got to see our friends Lisa and Kyle and their children. Santa's Snow Shuffle

Had a really great Christmas:  Click here to see the post.




No comments: