Monday, November 18, 2013

Bad Clutch and more.

Last week we took our car into the mechanic for it's regular oil change and we found out the following:

Our clutch is bad and it will cost $975 to fix.  I thought something was wrong in this area because when I shift from 2nd to 3rd gear the car has a hard time changing gears.  This worried me.  Sometimes it sounds fine and other times it growls at me.

Our tires are bad and shouldn't last through the winter or so we were told, and that will be $350 to $400

Our alignment is bad and we were told that we shouldn't get more tires unless we pay to get the alignment fixed first.  Not sure what that will cost.

We need a new battery and that will be between $60 to $120 depending on what we get.

These things are in addition to needing  a new roof so bad that if we don't do this soon we may have some serious problems.  We keep putting this off.  But who has $6-12,000 kicking around?  Not this family.

Anyway, If you have planned on doing something for us for Christmas, please send some money in any amount to our mechanic and get us a gift card from there so we can get our car fixed.  We go to Skay Auto in Iowa City.   This is what we truly need.  Thanks.

OR just pray that our car starts every day.  Today after work it struggled to start and I'm worried one day it won't and I'll be stranded.  I need to get that battery soon.

Also, please pray that our clutch can hold out until February.  In February we should get (if all goes well) a small tax return and that could pay for a clutch.  Our mechanic said the clutch could last another week or 60,000 miles.  He's seen it all.  I am praying for 60,000 miles.

So anyway, there it is, all of this before Christmas.  I haven't even begun to shop for my children yet.

I'm praying I stay healthy and can continue to donate plasma twice a week so I can put that money aside for car repairs since I won't be buying any race registrations for a long while.  I used to put all plasma money towards running shoes and race registrations, but now it has to be used for car repairs.  :(

At least the car is paid off!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Mike and Adrianne said...

Bummer. I hope you will still be able to make it to Thanksgiving. I'm worried about it snowing. It is snowing here and will be clear by Monday but makes me worry that it is headed towards Lindsey's.