Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Letter from Caleb 2-25-13


(I'm answering questions)
Gas is $4.45 here, don't complain :P We don't have a car in our area, but if we did, each car has a gas card.
We did football last week, this week we are doing basketball. I'm terrible at sports but I enjoy it a lot. Mondays I also draw lighting plots and stuff for spectra, because I can :)
I freaking loved the dove chocolates.
I need a set of measuring cups (Not all the apartments have them) and I would like a waffle Iron. 
I loved the valentine package. I have two inhalers right now and don't use them often, but one every 3 months or so would do me pretty well. Allergy medicine I run through really fast. That walfederen was amazing, but I used it really fast. The last week has been awful for allergies. I am sick (does it ever end?!) again from allergies.
I don't really care about Social Media. It's amazing how much we rely on it, but really it doesn't matter at all. Not having a phone or the internet is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I can focus for once!
How did Jacob do DJing at the indoor triathalon? Can you guys send me a shirt from it?

We had a cool experience on Saturday! We went on exchanges and our district leader came to my area. We had to move someone on Saturday morning, so we had to post-pone our studies. We were going to do them after lunch, but I had a feeling like we should do some tracting instead. We tracted for a few hours, taught 2 lessons, and then decided to head home. We were in our lessons for 20 minutes when we got a knock on our door. A tired looking man asked for help moving. He said he was a member and had struggled to get in contact with the ward in this area, so he didn't have help. He said they were moving from Torrance (near LA). I said we could help, so we changed and I called the Elders Quorum President. I explained the situation, and he said he would see what he could do. We find out that the people who were moving are named Brother and Sister Johnson, and that they are computer techs. They were moving into the apartment across from us. He said he had been fasting and praying that he would be able to find help for the move on this side, and that when he showed up at the complex he felt like he should knock on our door. Normally we wouldn't have even been home at that time, but because we had decided to tract earlier and move our lessons to when we did, we were in a position to help him out! It was such a moving experience to see so many ward members show up less than half an hour after I had made one call to one man. We made short work of a U-Haul and two pickup trucks. I am so glad I have been more diligent in working out lately, because there were some heavy things on that truck! The cool thing was when I was moving a full tower case for a computer and thought I recognized the backplane of the computer. I jokingly said it looked like an EVGA 750i FTW motherboard backplane (which I recognized because I had that one in my second build) and brother Johnson looked at me with awe and asked me how the heck I knew, as that was exactly what was in the computer. Hahaha, I honestly wonder if I made an inspired decision when I picked that Motherboard now...
Yesterday brought the worst Santa Ana winds we have had yet. I got really sick from not being able to breath, to the point where we exchanged again with Santiago Creek so I could be in a car (I couldn't do bike without breath). Its nice though cause the mountains are exposed because the winds blew away all the smog. 
I apologize that this email is not that long, but my district leader is being a word I can't say and I have to go. I have a lot to say, but perhaps I will be better organized next week.

Love, Elder Clark

1 comment:

chelsey said...

Love reading these letters! Sounds like he's doing so well. I love to share these letters and experiences with Geoff too! Thanks again for posting these.